Home

Backbreaker OL/DL concern: "Motion/Step Shift" / "Angular Momentum" / "Tango Dance"

This is a discussion on Backbreaker OL/DL concern: "Motion/Step Shift" / "Angular Momentum" / "Tango Dance" within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Backbreaker OL/DL concern: "Motion/Step Shift" / "Angular Momentum" / "Tango Danc

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
the problem is you don't have enough info to accurately point out flaws or problems on the level you're doing, but I like I already said whatever floats your boat so by all means continue I'm sure the devs are eagerly awaiting your every word.
You only need to see 5-10 pass plays to confirm what shortcake is describing here. I looked for it and saw it immediately once they started releasing gameplay. Not 1 time have I seen otherwise from what shortcake described.

Did you even read the writeup? I've never seen a true pocket or OL/DL interaction go beyond short animations of engage/disengage... just like Madden. I don't need to see it 200 times to realize what it is.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #26
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Backbreaker OL/DL concern: "Motion/Step Shift" / "Angular Momentum" / "Tango Danc

Hey shortcake, you should really post this over in the BB forums where it will actually get seen. lol
Old 03-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
You only need to see 5-10 pass plays to confirm what shortcake is describing here. I looked for it and saw it immediately once they started releasing gameplay. Not 1 time have I seen otherwise from what shortcake described.

Did you even read the writeup? I've never seen a true pocket or OL/DL interaction go beyond short animations of engage/disengage... just like Madden.I don't need to see it 200 times to realize what it is.
and others have stated they see nothing wrong with the vids. and you don't think that if you could see 200 different plays of a finished game you might see different results than what is shown here? Also possibly adjusting settings might change things?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #28
Rookie

Dudd's Arena

OVR: 4

If you don't like to read this, simply skip over the thread, it's helpfully titled as a concern. It's annoying that whenever anyone brings up a potential flaw in a video they watched, a whole brigade of people chime in telling them that it's not the finished product and it's only a couple of plays, etc etc. He's seen as many plays as the BB cheerleaders have, why is his opinion any less valid than those of people who post praise?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #29
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

It happens with every game. No point in trying to stop it.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd
If you don't like to read this, simply skip over the thread, it's helpfully titled as a concern. It's annoying that whenever anyone brings up a potential flaw in a video they watched, a whole brigade of people chime in telling them that it's not the finished product and it's only a couple of plays, etc etc. He's seen as many plays as the BB cheerleaders have, why is his opinion any less valid than those of people who post praise?
and on the flip side why is the opinion that it's best to wait and play the game for ourselves before jumping to conclusions less valid than the OP's? Nobody ever told strawberryshortcake that he didn't have a right to his opinion. some people stated they didn't agree with his conclusions regarding the vids and others like me choose to reserve judgement until they have more info. it's all just different points of view which as has been stated is the whole point of these forums.

Last edited by moylan1234; 03-16-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 8

Why don't he post this on the BB forums so it can be fix?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #32
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
Why don't he post this on the BB forums so it can be fix?
I have tried in the past, twice. I made several attempts to post concerns using youtube links and photobucket image generated links, and I get an automated generated message immediately following my post stating that new users will need to wait until their message is approved or something. I tried posting twice in the past and both times I received the same message. The messages never appeared. I wanted to PM a developer but didn't have access, yet.

Unknowingly, someone was kind enough to link my post regarding the new backbreaker 3rd person camera using the "EAST/WEST" vs. "NORTH/SOUTH" elements probably about 1 month ago or so. I am thankful of that.

With the very first backbreaker video footage released, a certain percentage of individuals were initially concerned about "defenders taking poor pursuit angles" or "running away from the offensive ball carriers." I closely examined the videos and noticed that the "3rd person camera" was the culprit giving the illusion for poor angles that defenders were taking. That was back then. New game play footage doesn't give off those crazy illusions anymore; it's much easier to distinguish bad pursuit angles if they exist.

As a completely new official Backbreaker forum member currently with zero post count (as of 3/16/10), I guess there are restrictions to using links in posts even though I've been a registered member for a while. I could start off just randomly responding to various post to get my post count up, and see if that will lift the "new member posting link" restrictions.

Or you could do the honors and post this thread (copy and paste the entire thing) if you like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »