Home

Backbreaker Video: Direct-Feed Alpha Gameplay (7 Minutes)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: Direct-Feed Alpha Gameplay (7 Minutes) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Backbreaker Video: Direct-Feed Alpha Gameplay (7 Minutes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
i like the qb camera cause it forces you to look to a side, but oline play doesn't really look any better than madden 10
agreed.

Tackling does look freaking SWEET though. I could probably get pretty engrossed in just trying to decapitate WR's over the middle with Kasey (playing as himself in the game ) at MLB!

Triple T's up in this biaaaa...... (Terrible Terry Tate commercials.... I miss them)

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
This game just doesn't look fun. Repetitive catching animations, non breakable tackles, same phrases "RUN RUN RUNN!!!!, PASS PASS!!!!", and annoying camera...
Can't expect the game to be as fun as Madden in it's first year.
sarcasm
Old 03-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
non breakable tackles
Clearly you have been following this game like a hawk.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #28
Rookie

Dudd's Arena

OVR: 4

This just doesn't look very polished. Simple things like the way the qbs drop back from center look terrible, it seems like every play he runs into one of his running backs. And where are the explosive plays, every play just looks like catch/tackle/run/tackle/etc etc. Certainly there shouldn't be a 20 yard gain every play, but I don't think I've seen a single one yet. Where a running back finding the hole and exploding through for a 15 yard gain? Where's a wide receiver catching a pass and then picking up yardage after the catch? It all just seems so sterile, there definitely needs to be a demo, because this footage just isn't doing it for me.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #29
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm impressed. Can't wait to try out the final product.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd
This just doesn't look very polished. Simple things like the way the qbs drop back from center look terrible, it seems like every play he runs into one of his running backs. And where are the explosive plays, every play just looks like catch/tackle/run/tackle/etc etc. Certainly there shouldn't be a 20 yard gain every play, but I don't think I've seen a single one yet. Where a running back finding the hole and exploding through for a 15 yard gain? Where's a wide receiver catching a pass and then picking up yardage after the catch? It all just seems so sterile, there definitely needs to be a demo, because this footage just isn't doing it for me.
well, most of the explosive plays are cut off, to fit everything for the trailers and stuff...

but look at this one, it has explosive plays, 20yard+ plays, it also has a very nice run which most likely would have been a TD, if the video did get cut at....

again this is old footage so don't waste your time over analyzing it..
Old 03-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd
The only thing I can agree with you about is that there was not a broken tackle in the entire video which is somewhat puzzling if you are showing off the physics aspect of your game. Could it have been the gamers behind the controllers unable to execute a properly timed agile or power move? The Gameplaybook Review states [Rush plays are a lot of fun to execute, as your player runs around in real-time (complete with jerky camera movements to emulate each stomping of the foot) until he's tackled (well, make that IF he's tackled -- you could make a clear run for the end zone).] but I wish they went into more detail about broken tackles or "I made you miss jukes".
On another note the split screen mode looks very playable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

There were broken tackles. When the guy was using a LB on defense, he ran into the RB and fell back and the RB stopped, planted his foot and tried to get going again before getting swarmed. Just because we have not seen, but a few broken tackles in 10 minutes of gameplay since the game was announced does not mean there are no broken tackles. We've seen probably at least 10 by now through all footage that is gameplay.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »