Home

Backbreaker Video: Direct-Feed Alpha Gameplay (7 Minutes)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: Direct-Feed Alpha Gameplay (7 Minutes) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #49
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Backbreaker Video: Direct-Feed Alpha Gameplay (7 Minutes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Not a franchise guy-tons of seasons, rich draft, and finances don't interest me in the least. As a matter of fact I would like to see a Playoff Mode option. My main concern is gameplay and AI.
This is a great idea. Remember ps2 Madden used to have online tournaments? If they had a mode where you could set up brackets like that again online and off, it'd be awesome.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:49 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 10

I like what I am seeing my only problem is I wish they wouldve gave us more camera angles as an option for at least offline gaming if anything and I wish they wouldve went with more realistic player models but other then that Looks like the gameplay is a blast
Old 03-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #51

OVR: 34

I keep going back and forth on some of my observations but one thing I am consistent on is football is taking a back seat to Euphoria. I don't like that. I appreciate what NM is doing but I feel the desire to push Euphoria is too deliberate and the game of football isn't fully being represented.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 08:40 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I keep going back and forth on some of my observations but one thing I am consistent on is football is taking a back seat to Euphoria. I don't like that. I appreciate what NM is doing but I feel the desire to push Euphoria is too deliberate and the game of football isn't fully being represented.
and how could they represent it more?

I never understood this "perception" of them "deliberately pushing Euphoria more so than the game of football".

I disagree with your opinion by the way, but I'm just curious as to what you really mean.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #53

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
and how could they represent it more?

I never understood this "perception" of them "deliberately pushing Euphoria more so than the game of football".

I disagree with your opinion by the way, but I'm just curious as to what you really mean.
Don't get me wrong, I anticipate the game and feel it's pretty good looking for a first attempt. There's no doubt about that.

When I look at the game though, I don't get the impression that at its core is football. I get the impression that the core of the game is the Euphoria engine and I'm not sure that's good. There are several things that happen in football that you can put in a game that does not have such a nice engine like Euphoria boasts. From the very start of this game, and up until now, what we have heard is that every player has his own physics system and responds appropriately to situational interactions in the game. But, what if the game doesn't have a solid football foundation?

It is perception, but right now I don't get the sense that the game has football at its core. There are positive accomplishments in these videos that we've never seen, but that's not direct evidence that the sum of the game properly represents the sport.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
This is a great idea. Remember ps2 Madden used to have online tournaments? If they had a mode where you could set up brackets like that again online and off, it'd be awesome.
I hope they have something like that, as you mentioned, both offline and online.
Anyone hear about the season setup? The game ships with sixty teams, so I'm wondering if you can customize the # of teams and games in a season?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAdrianPI
Game looks outstanding. The one aspect worries me is the ball seems to be thrown on the number quite often, never any under or overthrows and the catch which seems to cause repetitive catch animations.

The QB drop back looks funny but the only game that gave great QB drop backs was NFL2k series.

Empty sidelines while not great to have will not impact game play.

Running looks nice compared to the last few vids and the defense really shines game play wise.

Better than I thought. Franchise check, editable check, fresh looks check, all I want now is diversity in wide receivers, speed burners, possession guys, and some jump ball game situations and I think this turns into a definite buy,
Most of the problems you have with the game will be fixed when the lower the player ratings all of the ratings are maxed out right now cause it helps the Devs fix all the bugs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 11:35 PM   #56
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I hope they have something like that, as you mentioned, both offline and online.
Anyone hear about the season setup? The game ships with sixty teams, so I'm wondering if you can customize the # of teams and games in a season?
According to the previews you an set up an 8, 16, or 32 team franchise and you can use any mix of created or original teams. I haven't heard about customizing the no. of games or how many teams make the playoffs tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »