Home

Backbreaker Video: Direct-Feed Alpha Gameplay (7 Minutes)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: Direct-Feed Alpha Gameplay (7 Minutes) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2010, 01:02 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: Backbreaker Video: Direct-Feed Alpha Gameplay (7 Minutes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Don't get me wrong, I anticipate the game and feel it's pretty good looking for a first attempt. There's no doubt about that.

When I look at the game though, I don't get the impression that at its core is football. I get the impression that the core of the game is the Euphoria engine and I'm not sure that's good. There are several things that happen in football that you can put in a game that does not have such a nice engine like Euphoria boasts. From the very start of this game, and up until now, what we have heard is that every player has his own physics system and responds appropriately to situational interactions in the game. But, what if the game doesn't have a solid football foundation?

It is perception, but right now I don't get the sense that the game has football at its core. There are positive accomplishments in these videos that we've never seen, but that's not direct evidence that the sum of the game properly represents the sport.
Backbreaker at it's core will be real football. Euphoria Motion and Morpheme working together to give the gamer the best in physics-based animation in the first physic-based pro football on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Yes, NaturalMotion #1 goal is to deliver to us "A Real Football Experience", stated by Torsten Reil, one of the founders and developers of their technology.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:24 AM   #58
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Still on the fence.

Players look stiff, still hate the player models, QB drop and throwing motions are horrible.

If it's supposed to be in the future why is the equipment oversized instead of getting smaller, like it's trending to be.

Run game looks stiff and pretty rough.

Some nice things with the physics, but not sure on this.

I am getting it, if/when it actually hits the shelves don't get me wrong, but the more I see these videos the lower my hopes get.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:29 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Still on the fence.

Players look stiff, still hate the player models, QB drop and throwing motions are horrible.

If it's supposed to be in the future why is the equipment oversized instead of getting smaller, like it's trending to be.

I am getting it, if/when it actually hits the shelves don't get me wrong, but the more I see these videos the lower my hopes get.
Check out the new video if you haven't already. This will help change your mind I hope.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/9...ry3_32310.html
Old 03-26-2010, 02:27 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Still on the fence.

Not sure why "if" would be included at this point. Pretty much a certainty the game is coming out, they aren't going to pull the plug this close to release with all the work they have put into it by now.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 03-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd
This just doesn't look very polished. Simple things like the way the qbs drop back from center look terrible, it seems like every play he runs into one of his running backs. And where are the explosive plays, every play just looks like catch/tackle/run/tackle/etc etc. Certainly there shouldn't be a 20 yard gain every play, but I don't think I've seen a single one yet. Where a running back finding the hole and exploding through for a 15 yard gain? Where's a wide receiver catching a pass and then picking up yardage after the catch? It all just seems so sterile, there definitely needs to be a demo, because this footage just isn't doing it for me.
This is Alpha footage...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #62
Rookie

Dudd's Arena

OVR: 4

The game comes out in two months, I don't care what they call the current build, but the final product is going to look remarkably similar to what's in these videos.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:31 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
The game comes out in two months, I don't care what they call the current build, but the final product is going to look remarkably similar to what's in these videos.
again, you ignored my response to those claims a couple of pages back.
its funny you talk about polish...but that is what happens toward the end of development...they are polishing up the game as we speak.....

again..as for your other post.

Quote:
This just doesn't look very polished. Simple things like the way the qbs drop back from center look terrible, it seems like every play he runs into one of his running backs. And where are the explosive plays, every play just looks like catch/tackle/run/tackle/etc etc. Certainly there shouldn't be a 20 yard gain every play, but I don't think I've seen a single one yet. Where a running back finding the hole and exploding through for a 15 yard gain? Where's a wide receiver catching a pass and then picking up yardage after the catch? It all just seems so sterile, there definitely needs to be a demo, because this footage just isn't doing it for me.
well, most of the explosive plays are cut off, to fit everything for the trailers and stuff...

but look at this one, it has explosive plays, 20yard+ plays, it also has a very nice run which most likely would have been a TD, if the video did get cut at....

again this is old footage so don't waste your time over analyzing it..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »