Home

Backbreaker Behind the Scenes - Dev Diary 3: Down in the Trenches (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Behind the Scenes - Dev Diary 3: Down in the Trenches (IGN) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: developer diary 3

i love the last play of that whole Vid where the rb takes the ball and sees the end zone and just dives and right when he hits the line he gets smacked by another diving defender. i love the approach. but i wish we could have an option to put it where we can have the traditional camera view.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
If this looks like blitz to you, than I wonder what you think of Madden because from what I've seen so for.. nothing comes close to more realism in a videogame than this... I'm not saying its the greatest game ever, but its definately the most realistic and closer to sim than madden. Hands down.
Some people just hate for no reason at all. That video looked like the best representation of any football video game I have ever seen.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:59 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan54matt
i love the last play of that whole Vid where the rb takes the ball and sees the end zone and just dives and right when he hits the line he gets smacked by another diving defender. i love the approach. but i wish we could have an option to put it where we can have the traditional camera view.
I really wish people would stop with this camera stuff in every thread. They were going for a on the field approach and the game was specifically made from the ground up with this camera in mind. Clearly the traditional camera view does not fit into the experience they are going for.

Don't get me wrong, I realize people are used to the traditional camera angle and that is why they want it as an option, but people just have to accept that it doesn't fit into the experience they are trying to create.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 03-24-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:59 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
The blitz comments are getting a little awkward too...I mean did you watch the video? I don't see any super-human things going on, no helmets popping off, no bones breaking and no vengeful late hits. The comments are totally like I just don't see it.
Perfectly said.

Last edited by duncan54matt; 03-24-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:11 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 6

The player models is what makes everyone compare it blitz, but anyone with a brain can see that the game doesn't play anything like blitz...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 55

I definitely think the camera view will be a winner in the long run. I remember how much less immersed I felt playing M10 at first after stopping APF. APF's camera was just a bit closer to the screen than M10. Even that small change made it feel less immersive. Imagine being ON the field! This is going to be hardcore intense!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 12

I love re watching this video over again in mute. Then I think I'll watch it again.. and again.. and agian....
Old 03-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #24
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I have to admit, as someone who doesn't want to get their hopes up on an initial offering from a company, but that looked pretty sweet.

My hype level is higher than it was, but I'm going to keep it in check. I've seen some posters on here practically saying that Backbreaker is going to be handed down to us lowly humans from the heavens, and the only thing I can see for those people is that they're going to be disappointed, regardless of the actual quality of the game.

That being said, it definitely looked fun. The camera might be a bit weird for me at first, considering I'm not used to playing video game football that way, but I'm certainly going to attempt to get used to it. I do want Backbreaker and NM and 505 to succeed with this so that maybe we can get a franchise out of this.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »