Home

Backbreaker Behind the Scenes - Dev Diary 3: Down in the Trenches (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Behind the Scenes - Dev Diary 3: Down in the Trenches (IGN) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #41

OVR: 34
Around the 2 minute mark the ticker says, "1st and 1" and then "2nd and 1." I wonder what that's about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: Backbreaker Behind the Scenes - Dev Diary 3: Down in the Trenches (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerlover
in the words of peter griffin.. this game is friggin sweet!! lol I believe most folks good or bad go with what they know. I see potential in this game, so much so that i believe EA will do what they always do. buy it out, and never use it. cant wait for this one! hope we can customize well.. may have to get the ps3 version because of the ease of file transfer, i dunno. I want the 360 version for xb live. guess i will have to wait and see.
Rest assured, computerlover. EA Sports can't buy this technology out. NaturalMotion has already stated the technology cannot be bought out. It's not something that can just be thrown into the game. It has to be built from the ground up with their assistance.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #43
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
Rest assured, computerlover. EA Sports can't buy this technology out. NaturalMotion has already stated the technology cannot be bought out. It's not something that can just be thrown into the game. It has to be built from the ground up with their assistance.
i think the issue is people don't understand that Euphoria just controls the tackling randomness. its Morpheme and endorphin is doing the work that makes the game look and play the way it is, which both can be purchased as middleware.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: developer diary 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Three developer diaries, and only three topics were covered in the game... The physics engine/tackling, customization, the camera angle. This doesn't seem odd... no mention of the rules the game will follow.... no mention that the game is set in the future... no mention of play books, o line blocking, defensive moves, controls, weather... it appears extremely suspect that these areas aren't discussed. Just my opinion.
You need to pay a bit more attention.

Rules have not been discussed in detail yet, but from watching videos you can see that it plays like American Football, penalties, 2 feet in bounds on catches, 4 downs for 10 yards, all that jazz can be picked out of the videos.

Controls have also been touched on in just about every video, the continually stress how they wanted to map everything to the analog sticks to make things more fluid. They haven't broken it down in complete details but they've given a good idea on what the control scheme is like. Passing, spin moves, juking, etc.......have all been talked about in diaries and previews.

Weather has also been mentioned in the previews, day/night/rain are all options in the game. Rain has effect on how the game plays as well.

There's more discussion to come, but some of what you mentioned has been spoken about before.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
i think the issue is people don't understand that Euphoria just controls the tackling randomness. its Morpheme and endorphin is doing the work that makes the game look and play the way it is, which both can be purchased as middleware.
Yes they can be purchased, but they don't come with a one click installer and presto chango your game now has these components.

Still need to know how to use them, to create the behavioural AI seen in the game which doesn't come with a purchase.

EA can buy the hammer, but do they know how to swing it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #46
MVP

Hova57's Arena

i think rules is the only thing they haven't covered . i know i saw a video where he was going over the control scheme offensively though, but on defense they covered it a little . over all they pretty much discussed every thing about the game. at this point we are approaching video mode in the marketing dept. come the middle or third week in April i think we will see a mass amount of videos for the game.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 21
Those stadiums and the lighting look absolutely fantastic. Gameplay looks fun. It does look a little funny when the QB is running around, kinda choppy
Old 03-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #48
MVP

Hova57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by killgod
Yes they can be purchased, but they don't come with a one click installer and presto chango your game now has these components.

Still need to know how to use them, to create the behavioural AI seen in the game which doesn't come with a purchase.

EA can buy the hammer, but do they know how to swing it?
yea your right i just wish people stop asking for purchase of euphoria because it won't happen . and actually each component of endorphin and morpheme has a behavioural component to it , but the three together is what makes the game what it is. and thats where NM gets you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »