Home

What Would You Miss Most In Backbreaker?

This is a discussion on What Would You Miss Most In Backbreaker? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Would You Miss Most In Backbreaker?
No Injuries (Not 100% Confirmed) 19 20.65%
Height Diversity (All Players In BB Will Be Same Height) 35 38.04%
Varied Camera Angles 12 13.04%
NFL License 26 28.26%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2010, 04:43 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: What Would You Miss Most In Backbreaker?

If there's no height differential that would be pretty disappointing. I love getting tough, tall receivers on my teams in football games. I'd choose a tall strong guy with sure hands over a speedburner any day.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:22 PM   #34
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
What they should've done (IMO) is maybe made injuries just very very infrequent like APF.

Who knows.... hopefully they had a good, legit reason for removing them if they were already ready to be added.
They weren't ready to put in. They just had an idea of how to go about implementing them. But its not as if the feature was buggy so they pulled it. It was just an idea on paper.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 10

had to vote for injuries. im sorry but i NEED them. i cant lie and say no matter how the good game really is, i wont have a very big sore spot for having no injuries included. i mean thats what depth is for.

without injuries i will probably be somewhat less interested in drafting and scouting once i get a good 1st team cuz 2nd/3rd team will never get used in the game much, unless they have decent fatigue in place that actually effects ratings and makes you wanna take that player out for a fresh body. even then though, it sucks not being scared to take a hard sack or take off with a speedy QB who may get mangled by a LB when he gets into open space or take that small WR across the middle to get crunched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
had to vote for injuries. im sorry but i NEED them. i cant lie and say no matter how the good game really is, i wont have a very big sore spot for having no injuries included. i mean thats what depth is for.

without injuries i will probably be somewhat less interested in drafting and scouting once i get a good 1st team cuz 2nd/3rd team will never get used in the game much, unless they have decent fatigue in place that actually effects ratings and makes you wanna take that player out for a fresh body. even then though, it sucks not being scared to take a hard sack or take off with a speedy QB who may get mangled by a LB when he gets into open space or take that small WR across the middle to get crunched.
I don't care at all about injuries, but I guess I can appreciate the concerns of those that do. This is suppose to have a slightly futuristic touch to it-I'd like to see big hits drain the stamina significantly.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #37
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

The main reason people want injuries is so the game is further into the SIM realm. I can understand, especially when playing in Franchises/Seasons and such because it forces a team to have depth and better gameplanning than simply relying too much on personnel. If any of you have played APF, I can tell you when a Silver+ (god forbid it be a Gold player) player goes down it severely changes the tempo of the game. You really do feel the personnel hit throughout your team from gameplanning to what you do in certain situations.

I'm slightly disappointed this version of BB won't have injuries but I'm sure there is a reason for it at the time. Hopefully, this can be added on a patch or even 2nd game if it really does require that much fine tuning to get it right. Get it right the first time is the best way to go about things and it seems this game is trying to do that.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:04 AM   #38
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

If they don't have injuries they need to have fatigue at the least. If not then what is the point of a full roster? But have they ever shown a full team of 22 plus reserves? They don't have anyone on the sidelines if I remember correctly.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #39
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

nfl definately, i hate fake stuff in games, i play alot of PES but the players are real just the team names are fake

here both are fake, but i want football i am willing to try this out if and when all the info ever gets out

i recently bought all allpro and even though its a good game its hard for me to get into it.

same with games like burnout paradise

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »