Home

Concerning Backbreaker In General...

This is a discussion on Concerning Backbreaker In General... within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2010, 04:20 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Concerning Backbreaker In General...

You know...a long time ago, in a household far far away...there was once a game called All Pro 2k8.

The game shipped with some flaws and people either liked it or hated it.

Many people gave excuses why such and such was left out, or why this mode or that mode didnt make it....and then the chants started... " Just wait till next year guys! "

As we all know, there was never a " next year" for that game and for all we know there might never be a "next year" for Backbreaker either.

If Backbreaker releases with a myriad of issues and doesnt get much support, there would be no reason to try to release it again " next year "

There can be no excuses in this business. You either succeed or you dont.

This could be the one and only opportunity for Backbreaker to be successful.

I dont think anyone in this section of the forums wants this product to fail and I think the football community would be better as a whole for us to get some new and fresh concepts introduced back into this video sport.

Backbreaker appears to have a lot going on for it that would be a nice innovation to the genre, and thats why they need to make sure the game is ready before its released.

People need to buy this product on an " as - is " basis since no one knows the status of a sequel. We can predict EA Sports yearly titles like clockwork since most of them have a lot of support, but for those smaller companies, "next year" is never promised.

You need to get it right, and get it right the first time. Once that is completed and you garner a fan base that can support your yearly / bi-yearly updates.

There has to be a strong first foundation though. Without it, there will not be a next year.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 55

In concurrence with a few others on this board, I won't give this game a free pass because it's non-EA. I've wrote it numerous times.

Like Booker said, now we know why so few details outside of tackling were ever released.

Remember, APF is my favorite current gen FB game by far, so it's not like I'm a massive EA fan or something. I just expect great gameplay, and APF did that.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 04-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 19

Well, reading that review does make it seem like Bacbkreaker will lack what could have put this game on top their first time in action. However, watching the videos makes me jump out of my seat with excitement. Everyone will have a difference of opinion and the own feelings toward the videos and the final game build. I'm not going to let that preview take me out of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

How does the game have these issues? Hasn't it been in development for three years? Thats 3 2k/Madden cycles all in one. Should have commentary, play by play, the works if ya ask me.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
Well, reading that review does make it seem like Bacbkreaker will lack what could have put this game on top their first time in action. However, watching the videos makes me jump out of my seat with excitement. Everyone will have a difference of opinion and the own feelings toward the videos and the final game build. I'm not going to let that preview take me out of the game.
Absolutely the same here.

I'm not dismissing this game at all because of one guy's opinion.

BB is gonna be my football fix for this year regardless, I'll see what happens after that.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #14
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

To you guys the hate the "first try" excuse. APF was a port of 2k5. It was already made. As far as Madden, how did Madden 08 look after three years development? That was with a relative army of developers vs Natural Motions 10 guys.

Games take years to get everything in and they can't keep working till they get everything right because they would go BROKE.

This is why 2k won't make another game, this is why no other football title has been attempted in 3 years, this is why Madden has gotten stale and repetitive . If it isn't all that and a bag of chips the day it drops, then people aren't buying.

Give it time people. Look at the difference Madden makes in a year. Even if you hate that series. 10 is a helluva lot better than 08. Look at any sports title for that matter. How often do the sequels improve? How often do they get worse?
Old 04-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
10 is a helluva lot better than 08. Look at any sports title for that matter. How often do the sequels improve? How often do they get worse?
I didn't think Madden 10 was a helluva lot better than Madden 8. I still think Backbreaker will be successful, but if you're going to make a case for sequel progression I wouldn't use Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Give it time people. Look at the difference Madden makes in a year. Even if you hate that series. 10 is a helluva lot better than 08. Look at any sports title for that matter. How often do the sequels improve? How often do they get worse?
Has it been stated anywhere that the devs plan on this being a yearly release product? I have not seen any information ( althought I could have missed it ) that states any long term plans.

As it is now, you have to look at this title being a one and done.

We are just to used to each sports title becoming an annual release that we assume every sports title will be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »