Home

Concerning Backbreaker In General...

This is a discussion on Concerning Backbreaker In General... within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
Concerning Backbreaker In General...

with the recent preiview from game informer hitting the internet along with the multitude of other press, some gamers are questioning everything that has to do with the release of backbreaker whether it's the difficulty of the A.I or the animation's of the players. Some Gamers who were strongly against backbreaker from the start are already declaring that "they" knew all along that the game was going to be a failure or a letdown like it's predecessors of Blitz and All-pro Football 2k8.

I would like to pose this simple question to everyone here at O.S. When you played this first game of a series whether it was Madden or NBA live didn't that game have issue's? everyone knows the answer to that question is YES.

This is backbreaker's first release. A game with an entirely, not-known much about gaming engine that is being released by a somewhat small company (in comparison to EA) Don't you think there will be issues as well? isn't there a possiblity it might not live up to expectations the first time around? doesn't take a genius to figure that one out

I want to close this with a quote from probably the most influential man in the history of the U.S Thomas Edison. Edison was once quoted saying

"I never failed once. It just happened to be a 2000-step process"

This Same quote can apply directly to not only backbreaker but to every other gaming release. By no mean's is Backbreaker a failure despite what any naysayer, non believer or basher says. Making something requires an intricate process in which if a product is created it is never a failure

-james

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Concerning Backbreaker In General...

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
This is backbreaker's first release. A game with an entirely, not-known much about gaming engine that is being released by a somewhat small company (in comparison to EA) Don't you think there will be issues as well? isn't there a possiblity it might not live up to expectations the first time around? doesn't take a genius to figure that one out

Expect perfection? No. That's just an exercise in wanting to be disappointed regardless of game or series.

Give the game a free pass because it's a "first effort"? No.

The question isn't will there be issues. Like you said, that's a given yes. The question is what are the issues and how severe will they be to that individual's enjoyment of the game.

For me personally, I haven't heard the info I'm looking for at this point. Yes, I wonder about the AI. I wonder how it will tie into ratings and Euphoria. I wonder about the playcalling. I wonder about the player's decision-making on the field. I wonder about the roster AI during their version of franchise as well as during games.

So my question isn't "will it be perfect?" My question is "what are the shortcomings and how will that impact the enjoyment I believe I'll have with the game?"

I don't know what the shortcomings are because I don't know what the strengths are - the "can's" are (which sometimes imply the "can'ts" indirectly).

So I don't think the game will be a failure. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will succeed and be around for years - for me the question is will I be one that will join in or sit out right now.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:46 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

I already bought the game, so obviously I am going to give it a serious go...but even I can't continue to be optimistic after this. That preview was pretty damning.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:49 AM   #4
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Expect perfection? No. That's just an exercise in wanting to be disappointed regardless of game or series.

Give the game a free pass because it's a "first effort"? No.

The question isn't will there be issues. Like you said, that's a given yes. The question is what are the issues and how severe will they be to that individual's enjoyment of the game.

For me personally, I haven't heard the info I'm looking for at this point. Yes, I wonder about the AI. I wonder how it will tie into ratings and Euphoria. I wonder about the playcalling. I wonder about the player's decision-making on the field. I wonder about the roster AI during their version of franchise as well as during games.

So my question isn't "will it be perfect?" My question is "what are the shortcomings and how will that impact the enjoyment I believe I'll have with the game?"

I don't know what the shortcomings are because I don't know what the strengths are - the "can's" are (which sometimes imply the "can'ts" indirectly).

So I don't think the game will be a failure. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will succeed and be around for years - for me the question is will I be one that will join in or sit out right now.
Agree with everything you said KB. This is the exact reason I decided I was renting no matter what especially since it's their first try.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:49 AM   #5
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

that preview crushed all my hype actually
Now i understand why they kept all this information away from us until closer the release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 03:20 AM   #6
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I hate, hate, HATE the "it's their first game excuse". It's dumb. They don't have a timetable. The NFL isn't breathing down their necks telling them when the game has to come out by. If something doesn't work right, if something doesn't function right, push the release date back and fix it. They have no excuse if this game sucks.

Plenty of shooters and action games are damn near perfect on their first try, I don't see why Backbreaker gets to use that excuse.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:37 AM   #7
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
I hate, hate, HATE the "it's their first game excuse". It's dumb. They don't have a timetable. The NFL isn't breathing down their necks telling them when the game has to come out by. If something doesn't work right, if something doesn't function right, push the release date back and fix it. They have no excuse if this game sucks.

Plenty of shooters and action games are damn near perfect on their first try, I don't see why Backbreaker gets to use that excuse.
Also very true. Especially after 3 years or however long its been.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:57 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
There is absolutely no excuse for any substandard game on it's first or it's 21st try (madden).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »