Home

Why everybody going crazy

This is a discussion on Why everybody going crazy within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2010, 01:59 AM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Why everybody going crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Support it anyway, everyway, & any way you can. Small upbringing, but it can get much better. And because (like Madden), there's always next year--or at least there should be for BB...competition brings out the best, and if this game gets enough support, then down the line Madden improves. (Even though they are improving @ EA--this will light that fire) In the end we get 2 quality products, remember the days?
To play devil's advocate: why should I buy I game when I know beforehand from preview and impression articles that it doesn't have the features I expect out of a football video game? Seems like a waste of money to me; at least I know what I'm getting out of Madden, which does meet my baseline standard (and in the case of Madden 10, exceeded it).

I believe it was Shigeru Miyamoto - the man who led the game design on games such as Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, and Donkey Kong - who said that it is better to delay a game than to release it before it is ready to meet public expectations. A game that is delayed but finished can still be a good game; a game that is released before it is good just to meet some deadline will be bad forever.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
To play devil's advocate: why should I buy I game when I know beforehand from preview and impression articles that it doesn't have the features I expect out of a football video game?
that's why I'm not buying Madden.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I'll still likely be making 2k5 rosters this year.Still will be the best football game IMO.
no matter what i will still be downloading your roster and thank you ..
but i will rent backbreaker ..to see what its like. as i will madden when it comes out ..but still like to have having more thin one football game to pick from
Old 04-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I agree. A lot of people are saying the game mode does not matter, but this preview was done on Arcade Mode, which the Dev's have said is essentially a training mode. I suggest people take a step back and wait for a real hands on Review of the final build. We should be seeing some in the next month or so.
At the moment, none of us are 100% sure of the situation except for NM and the previewer.

We've had reports that tell us Arcade Mode is simply a mode that gives beginners a lot of visual cues. We've also gotten reports telling us that aside from modes, there is also an easy-to-hard setting which would suggest that it being on Arcade Mode has nothing to do with the AI problems the previewer talked about, and that these problems are tied to the overall AI of the game and not because it's on Arcade mode.

So, if the modes and difficulty settings are separate from each other (which I'd bet the farm on that being the case), than some of the things he talked about are legit concerns with the game due out next month.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Except the GI previewer never stated what difficulty he was on. So some of those concerns might not be that big if he was on the easy setting. Not to mention you have a slider that determines the skill of your team (at least thats how interpreted he horrid description of that slider) so depending on what he chose for that setting as well could give you cues as to why his passes went array when not throwing in focus mode. If he would have just told us those 2 settings we would have a much better idea of the magnitude of flaws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^ Perhaps, but at the same time, AI is not supposed to be stupid on any level. There is a big difference between the game being on easy where the CPU as a result makes intentionally bad offensive and defensive calls so that the user will be more successful, and the game being on easy and doing stuff like not running after ball carriers or ignoring ball carriers altogether. Thing is, that stuff happens on even the hardest settings in other football games so I wouldn't be surprised (and I actually expect) for that to be the case in BackBreaker.

I don't expect the AI to be much if at all better than anything we've had or currently have, as NM's goal was never to revolutionize AI. I'm more interested in how well their two targets perform (animations and gameplay experience). Running the ball for example, sounds really well thought-out in BB. I'm hoping the feel matches the concept.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 04-04-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:34 AM   #23
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Speak for yourself-I won't be playing madden. My second choice football game is Tecmo Bowl Throwback-I don't have a third choice.

Madden (which I won't be playing in August) is proof of that.
Jaybee wasn't you one of the madden CD day people from last year for madden 10 along with Adem and Kane 699. If so why all of a sudden you are giving up on madden??
Old 04-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #24
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I think BB is going to be a good football for the future. I am supporting and buying it this coming may. But I 100% backup madden aswell. Madden 11 is going to be better then 10. Just a matter of faith guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »