Home

Why everybody going crazy

This is a discussion on Why everybody going crazy within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Wink Why everybody going crazy

When I looked at the madden 10 videos and previews and reviews. I thought madden was going to be great, but it was sooooo weak. What i'm sayin is that? In order to get the real feel of the game you will have to play it first because everybody is different. So people calm down and remember the said Madden 10 was gone be great . So play it first then give feed back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Why everybody going crazy

I agree. A lot of people are saying the game mode does not matter, but this preview was done on Arcade Mode, which the Dev's have said is essentially a training mode. I suggest people take a step back and wait for a real hands on Review of the final build. We should be seeing some in the next month or so.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
MVP

booker21's Arena

well if madden previews and revews looked great..and end up being trash (which i don`t find it that way thought).

imagine this game... that in previews already seems like it have a lot of problems.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
well if madden previews and revews looked great..and end up being trash (which i don`t find it that way thought).

imagine this game... that in previews already seems like it have a lot of problems.
Very simplistic look at it, (by the way I do find it that way though....) but have the Madden previews really looked that great, or is wishful thinking by their fans?
Old 04-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
MVP

booker21's Arena

Fans need something to play rather than madden so we want anything.. no matter what.
I really doubt this game will deliver. It will have nice tackling engine, but that`s all i see.(the camera concept is a nice idea as well.)

But the basic are not in this game. QB throwing less than 50% in NFL.
Running being robotic,control not being responsive, not stats, AI sounds really superficial, player models looking like robots, no height or weight, franchise lack of depth, and i can go on and on..

trust me, in august all of us will be playing madden and no one will be playing this game. It has potential but that`s all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Fans need something to play rather than madden so we want anything.. no matter what.
I really doubt this game will deliver. It will have nice tackling engine, but that`s all i see.(the camera concept is a nice idea as well.)

But the basic are not in this game. QB throwing less than 50% in NFL.
Running being robotic,control not being responsive, not stats, AI sounds really superficial, player models looking like robots, no height or weight, franchise lack of depth, and i can go on and on..

trust me, in august all of us will be playing madden and no one will be playing this game. It has potential but that`s all.
Support it anyway, everyway, & any way you can. Small upbringing, but it can get much better. And because (like Madden), there's always next year--or at least there should be for BB...competition brings out the best, and if this game gets enough support, then down the line Madden improves. (Even though they are improving @ EA--this will light that fire) In the end we get 2 quality products, remember the days?
Old 04-03-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Support it anyway, everyway, & any way you can. Small upbringing, but it can get much better. And because (like Madden), there's always next year--or at least there should be for BB...competition brings out the best, and if this game gets enough support, then down the line Madden improves. (Even though they are improving @ EA--this will light that fire) In the end we get 2 quality products, remember the days?
i`ll support BB, but still i`m not blind to see this game won`t be "THE" game the people are claiming to be before reading GI previews.

It`s not easy to make football games.

At year 2010 we have a core basics the game has to meet. Example... CPU Being able to move the ball against human. That`s is a 101 basic right now..
QB pass comp over 50% is another one..
Old 04-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

People are stupid if they thought they could everything into their first game,especially with only 6-8 people working on this game. How ignorant can someone be?? We've already gotten ALOT more than we realistically thought they would give us. They said they probably weren't gonna have the time to give us a franchise mode and yet we still got 2 franchises. We got FORZA uniform customisation and we can edit teams names and players. Yeah we have to fix a letter hen going online,but thats not that big of a deal and anyonr who thinks it is really needs to get their heads checked cuz I dont see a problem with having Payton Manning instead of Peyton Manning.

This game is still getting tweaked ALOT and everything we've seen was in alpha and arcade mode. i dont care about any of these dumb reviews. From the videos I;ve seen so far,I'm really impressed and I know this game is gonna be ALOT of fun to play even if its not all sim. This is a great foundation to build off of and I look forward to see what we get in BB2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »