Home

Backbreaker Conference Call

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Conference Call within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Backbreaker Conference Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos
Why is it like Blitz? Because the #1 feature in this game is Euphoria, an engine that will make tackles better. Blitz had tackles .
Tackles.......oh, yeah..........tackles
Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 20

Would I like to see fatigue and injuries? Absolutely, but it is not a game killer to me at all. I agree with CreatineKasey I actually like not having hot routes, in order to get people to call better plays and there are still audibles so you can still audible out of plays that look like they will not work.

I am still skepical about how the gameplay will ultimately turn out and obviously the call didn't really reveal anything new in that area.

I do like some of things that were said, like how the game is intended to me more of a sim than a arcade style game and the customization other than not having a ingame sharing system seems to be pretty deep.

And could people at least play the game before they keep calling it a tech demo. To me randomly dropping into a thread, and calling the game a tech demo over and over again without even having played it is trolling, but I guess trolling seems to be perfectly acceptable on the Backbreaker forums for some reason even though it is not on others.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 04-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #75
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Well, if you wanna compare companies, you need to compare BB to Madden 08. That is the same amount of development time.
I don't get what you're trying to say there.

Quote:
Oh, and don't forget Madden has 10 developers for every 1 BB developer.
No excuse. I expect the best from anyone. I'm not going to give Backbreaker bonus points because of a small dev team when it's only $10 less.

Quote:
Oh yeah, and Backbreaker had to spend development time figuring a way to allow gamers to get the NFL into the game without getting sued. Oh, and 1 more thing, they were programming their players with behaviours and removing dice roll systems from their sports game which is something no other sports game has done and has the potential to make the game much less predictable.

Not to mention 2 franchise modes, a totally different control system and a unique camera angle and game experience.
All that's fine an dandy, but when it's missing essential functions of a sim football game (injuries, fatigue), I'm not going to sit here and pretend that it's going to be the next best thing in football, and that it's going to outduel another football game.

Quote:
Geez, Natural Motion is a bunch of lazy bastards aren't they? Why support them for making the first new football game in 3 years if this is what we get.
Why I should I support them if they don't appear to have made a product I find adequate?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #76
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Tackles.......oh, yeah..........tackles
You're telling me you would buy this game with canned tackle animations and not Euphoria?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Why is it like Blitz? Because the #1 feature in this game is Euphoria, an engine that will make tackles better. Blitz had tackles .

And for everyone saying it will have an effect on madden, it can't be worse than madden, thats simply B/S. This game can be worse than madden. It will more than likely be worse than Madden. How are you telling me that the so called "Franchise" mode is going to be better than Madden's franchise mode? "Road To Backbreaker" seems just like a horrible idea. In the real franchise mode, you're going to need 22 players. 11 if you decide to make them uber-beast-99 players. "Uber-Customization is going to make backbreaker awesome!!!" No. YOU CAN'T EVEN CHANGE THE PLAYERS!!!!!! ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME EXCEPT FOR RATINGS!!!!! Essentially your putting the same build of a WR as your G !!!! No hot routes a good thing? Ludacris! What happens if you call a deep pass such as 4 Verticals, and the defense comes up like they're going to run a cover 4 or in the Quarter defense, backing up their secondary? Your screwed. And how are you going to be able to tell apart the Linebackers from the corners? A formation like Nickel 1-5-5 is going to confuse people beyond BELIEF.

Mods, if this is trolling, excuse me but I had to get this out

Old 04-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #78
Banned

Xaos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
Lol. And thats not even the funniest thing on this thread
Old 04-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
You're telling me you would buy this game with canned tackle animations and not Euphoria?
That's not the point-you compared BB to Blitz because it had tackles!
Quote:
No hot routes a good thing? Ludacris! What happens if you call a deep pass such as 4 Verticals, and the defense comes up like they're going to run a cover 4 or in the Quarter defense, backing up their secondary? Your screwed.
call an audible
Old 04-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #80
Banned

Xaos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
That's not the point-you compared BB to Blitz because it had tackles!

call an audible

Ok, Blitz had exciting tacklesBB is going to have exciting tackles. Sorry for not specifically saying that.

And if you can call an audible, why can't you hot route
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »