Home

Backbreaker Conference Call

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Conference Call within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 30
Not trying to hate but this game sounds like it's going to tank. Missing too much and if it they think this game will make enough dough to support a Backbreaker 2, I don't believe it will.
Like I've thought and it's been said, already, Nat. Mot. should have taken at least another year and a half to 2yrs of dev time to get this game improved to the point where injuries, challenges, hot routes, broadcast presentation, yada...but I understand about cost and they have a small dev team and all that yada, as well.

Again, it sounds like the biggest thing this game has going for it is the Euphoria engine and everything esle is far down the totem pole. It's going to be a question of how long will it be before people get bored of the hit animations before they decide they are tired of the game.
On that note, I have to be honest about how I never get tired of the Euphoria engine animations in the GTA games. Even in Liberty City Eps, I STILL just either hit people with the car I'm driving, run in front of moving cars and start fights just to marvel at the animations. Lol. I honestly don't get tired of seeing the Euphoria engine in action....but Backbreaker WILL just be a rental to see whussup, for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #26
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Conference Call

I'm going to say this once. People are allowed to post if they are disappointed so long as they are not trolling.

This goes both ways, continually bashing people who are disappointed is going to land you with an infraction.

Talk about the call and game.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:00 PM   #27
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Really sucks they couldn't get injuries, even fatigue, or height in the game. If they'd got a competent publisher instead of 505 they might have had a great game.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #28
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Backbreaker Conference Call at 2:15 EDT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
No fatigue in football is huge. If there is no fatigue then your big power back never gets tired, or you can't wear down a tough defense. How can you not have fatigue in a football game in this generation is beyond me. It totally eliminates substitution not that anyone would sub anyway. Still if they roll with tired players you could hurt them. Not so in this game.
Agreed. Injuries and Fatigue is a hugh part of football. I understand they wanted to focus mainly on gameplay. The way I see it. They delayed the game this long. Why not give the fans a good demo that they can chew on for a few months are so. Then take and delay BB until maybe november and work on adding Injuries and Fatigue into the game. I don't mind been without TV broadcasting. But injuries and fatigue is a hugh downside. Even though I will still get it no matter what. But without injuries and Fatigue I still feel BB is just another Blitz type game with a new tackling engine in it. But I'm sure it is going to be good game still.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #29
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
Dissapointing yes, but i will still probably grab it once the price drops.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #30
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm disappointed in those things just like everyone else. I already have the game paid for in the hopes of a Backbreaker 2 and the chance at showing 2k and others there is a market for non-licensed football games.

I can live without those things if it's because of the reasons they posted. No injuries and no snow because they want those things affected by physics and not dice rolls. Man I hope we get a sequel with stuff like this.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #31
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

It was always a rental for me and it still will be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 12

people will be playing Backbreaker far longer than they will be playing Madden 11, simply for the fact of the animation technology and that tackling and animations wil never become old. Also offline customization is limitless
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »