Home

Backbreaker Conference Call

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Conference Call within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #33
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Backbreaker Conference Call at 2:15 EDT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
Everyone needs to go out and buy Backbreaker. Tell your friends, family, co- workers to go out and support this game, so that they will have enough money to make BACKBREAKER 2 ! This will be a great foundation game and if it is supported well by the community, there will be a sequel with everything that will be missing in this one (created plays,injuries,challenges,hot routes and stadium creation).

Support this game ! I want to see Backbreaker 2,3,4 ect...
I don't feel that it is my place to advertise for them. I'm willing to buy the game. But beyond that it is their job to get people buy it. I went into my local gamestop to pay on my reserved copy of BB. I asked my Store manger and she said she didn't know nothing about BB. She said no one has reserved one except me. So the lack of advertising is going to kill their chance of getting big sales when it comes out.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Backbreaker Conference Call

What a colossal disappointment this generation of video football gaming has been.

First EA, which has put out pretty much garbage for five years plus. Then AP2k8, a game I enjoyed, but was too limited in its single player mode to last. And now BB leaves out basic fundamentals to football gaming.

I give up. By the time someone puts out an all around “good” football game, I’ll be in a nursing home.

F%&#@&!# NFL and their damn license.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #35
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
people will be playing Backbreaker far longer than they will be playing Madden 11, simply for the fact of the animation technology and that tackling and animations wil never become old. Also offline customization is limitless
Well maybe are maybe not. It all depends on the person who is playing. I will play it for a while until NCAA comes out and then I will play it and then madden 11. At the end of the day I will own all 3 of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 14

Well at least they admit there is no fatigue or injuries instead of implementing what amounts to a fatigue gauge that means nothing and pop ups that tell me my player has a major injury but comes back in 2 plays later. I'm glad they focused on gameplay for the first iteration, it reminds me of the first 2k, it was limited but each year it got better and better. Still a first day purchase for me in hopes there are others down the line with realistic fatigue, real time injuries, customizable playbooks, tons of player variation and possibly an NFL license.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:10 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Wow! People are complaining that BACKBREAKER was not able to get things in for their first installment and yet Madden has had 21 years and still cant do it? Come on! Give this company a break, if anyone should be criticized it should be Madden. This is like their 21st year and they still cant get it right. I will definitely support this game.
This first sentence will be my new signature on OS.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Wow! People are complaining that BACKBREAKER was not able to get things in for their first installment and yet Madden has had 21 years and still cant do it? Come on! Give this company a break, if anyone should be criticized it should be Madden. This is like their 21st year and they still cant get it right. I will definitely support this game.
i wont give madden a pass either. madden's gameplay mechanics and animations clash together in vehicular homicide. its just terrible and they know its terrible and they dont care they just want ppl money and i wud bash them but this is a bb forum not madden. bb IMO is honest in their attempt to make a football and i wud love to support them but i hate wasting $50 more. bb had me in their pocket i was gonna ride n die for them bcuz i love football and i hate the way madden has ruin football gamin but i can not give bb have a free just bcuz of that alone
Old 04-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm curious to how stats are going to look in franchise mode without fatigue or injuries? It will be really weird to see just 1 player from each team in the stat categories.

If gameplay is truly what they were concentrating on for 3 years then for me no injuries and no fatigue won't matter THAT much. Of course it's a disappointed but if gameplay is above average AT LEAST and the crowd reacts realistically and is loud I'm going to be perfectly content with Backbreaker. The tackling is so dynamic and I can't imagine playing defense or running the football will be anything less than fun.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #40
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
I'm curious to how stats are going to look in franchise mode without fatigue or injuries? It will be really weird to see just 1 player from each team in the stat categories.

If gameplay is truly what they were concentrating on for 3 years then for me no injuries and no fatigue won't matter THAT much. Of course it's a disappointed but if gameplay is above average AT LEAST and the crowd reacts realistically and is loud I'm going to be perfectly content with Backbreaker. The tackling is so dynamic and I can't imagine playing defense or running the football will be anything less than fun.
I don't think it will change too much. There are still as many as 5 different wrs, teams still can and will have a big power back for short yardage and fast receiving backs to change up the defense. Even at qb you can have a Michael Vick/Pat White come in a throw a couple passes a game.

Your right about the tackling, not to mention the camera and controls should make playing defense and running the ball alot of fun. Total customization to recreate the NFL offline as well.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »