Home

Backbreaker Conference Call

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Conference Call within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Backbreaker Conference Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Madden laid down the groundwork years ago though, so that argument is completely invalid.

I'd compare it to a new car company coming out and not having power steering, anti-lock breaks, or power windows. It may be the nicest car in the world with a beautiful body, sick wheels, and a terrific transmission, but no one wants to drive a car today without power steering or anti-lock breaks. And people would expect power windows in a car that nice. Would you give the excuse then that Ford has had over 100 years and still has recalls and some poor products and that we should give this new car company some time? Sure, that may be the case that Ford doesn't make a tremendous product, but it still does certain things right that you expect other companies to do as well.
lol
Old 04-20-2010, 07:12 PM   #50
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

It's the first year, so I wasn't expecting all of the features people want from Madden after several decades. I just hope it doesn't get stale after twenty games. If general football strategy is relevant, it should be in good shape.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:12 PM   #51
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

No sharing. Bad news... PES has been able to overcome it's license limitations by allowing option files. I'm not trying to sound lazy, but I don't want to try and make my own NFL. I'd rather download one made by someone with talent for it. Huge Buzzkill.......

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I don't think it will change too much. There are still as many as 5 different wrs, teams still can and will have a big power back for short yardage and fast receiving backs to change up the defense. Even at qb you can have a Michael Vick/Pat White come in a throw a couple passes a game.

Your right about the tackling, not to mention the camera and controls should make playing defense and running the ball alot of fun. Total customization to recreate the NFL offline as well.
I pretty much counted out fatigue and injuries for this game, and 90% of my local 2 Player offline games have fatigue and injuries OFF. No hot routes? Big Deal-if nobody else (CPU or Human) has them, just go with the available playbook. Fatigue???-Has Anybody done this right? A case could be made for even a bad fatigue system preventing you from running your stud RB 40 times a game, but how accurate is the system? The answer is it's not accurate. Nothings changed- 1st day purchase for me.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Re: Backbreaker Conference Call at 2:15 EDT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
How come No one ever believed the Backbreaker Devs when they said this would be a Arcade game? Seriously, how can any of this be a shock.
No Injuries and No Fatigue Do Not An Arcade Game Make.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Madden laid down the groundwork years ago though, so that argument is completely invalid.

I'd compare it to a new car company coming out and not having power steering, anti-lock breaks, or power windows. It may be the nicest car in the world with a beautiful body, sick wheels, and a terrific transmission, but no one wants to drive a car today without power steering or anti-lock breaks. And people would expect power windows in a car that nice. Would you give the excuse then that Ford has had over 100 years and still has recalls and some poor products and that we should give this new car company some time? Sure, that may be the case that Ford doesn't make a tremendous product, but it still does certain things right that you expect other companies to do as well.
What groundwork? The BB developers are going inside the Madden Code for a look at a below average fatigue and injury system?
UPDATE:By the way, thanks for the conference call MMChrisS.

Last edited by JayBee74; 04-20-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #55

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

No fatigue. That blows pretty bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #56
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVictoria
What a colossal disappointment this generation of video football gaming has been.

First EA, which has put out pretty much garbage for five years plus. Then AP2k8, a game I enjoyed, but was too limited in its single player mode to last. And now BB leaves out basic fundamentals to football gaming.

I give up. By the time someone puts out an all around “good” football game, I’ll be in a nursing home.

F%&#@&!# NFL and their damn license.
I couldn't agree more. I'm disappointed with what we learned today about Backbreaker but I'm still going to buy it and check it out. This exclusive license thing really needs to come to an end. I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I can only imagine what football games from 2k and even Microsofts NFL fever would be like if they had kept developing every year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »