Home

No Injuries?

This is a discussion on No Injuries? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2010, 02:36 AM   #33
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: No Injuries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
I think a very few amount of injuries should use the dice roll system....other wise physics, situation, height & weight, and other stuff should be the reason some should get injured.
Most injuries are random. Claiming dice roll system is a way to excuse the developer for leaving this out. As I said, there's no way around it, with this many delays and this much dev. time, this is a pretty big thing to leave out, no matter what excuse you want to roll out there.

Quote:
as far as roster management strategy being meaningless, like others has mention it will still be needed if your players are struggling....or if you are playing a team that you don't necessary match up well with...then you might need to start different players on your roster.
Come on now. What is far and away the biggest reason you need depth on a football roster? Injuries and giving your players rest when they are fatigued. You can spin it how you want, but lack of fatigue and lack of injuries almost completely make building a deep roster meaningless.

Quote:
I understand for some having a dice roll system is better than nothing....but for me, if glitches that happen in Madden are because of the fatigue or injury code....then I would rather live without it...

like I have posted before it is a game breaker for me......I'm talking about my starters disappearing.....not being found in the injury list or the depth chart.....it is just very frustrating and doesn't make sense.
Madden and the EA games have no bearing on this game or whether it should have injuries or not.

That being said, in all my years of playing EA games I have yet to see one of those glitches. Nor did I ever see it playing APF or the 2K series (my personal favorite). This sounds more like deflection back at EA to take the heat off the dev team.

Is it a gamebreaker for me? On it's own, no. But this stacked with other shortcomings in the end could be. We'll have to see. At the very least imo, it's quite disappointing and completely devalues one of my favorite parts of season/franchise modes, roster building.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:39 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 21

this was from an interview that was was recently released...

7) Is Backbreaker a simulation or arcade style game?
NFL Street and Blitz are an arcade game. Over the top and unrealistic. It's arcade, lights, bangs and booms. Madden or the 2k series constantly stride to gain an actual representation of an actual game in the NFL. We are on the side of simulation and we can't get away from that. We are genuinely simulating human movement and intelligence. That's a really important distinction to make. What we are doing with Backbreaker is building a game in an entirely different way. You never ever know what is going to happen. You cannot call a game simply a simulation because it feels real or looks authentic. We are a genuine simulation of not only football but of sport and human movement and human ability.

http://www.strengthgamer.com/Dev_Int...ob_Donald.html

the fact that you mestevo, continue to disrespect the developers by claiming your statement as "fact" with no legit basis to stand on....is unnecessary....but you continue to do so.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:49 AM   #35
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

You're right, I was completely wrong, that's way more than 30 words.

We'll see what the game becomes, compared to what they tell us it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 02:49 AM   #36
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
this was from an interview that was was recently released...

7) Is Backbreaker a simulation or arcade style game?
NFL Street and Blitz are an arcade game. Over the top and unrealistic. It's arcade, lights, bangs and booms. Madden or the 2k series constantly stride to gain an actual representation of an actual game in the NFL. We are on the side of simulation and we can't get away from that. We are genuinely simulating human movement and intelligence. That's a really important distinction to make. What we are doing with Backbreaker is building a game in an entirely different way. You never ever know what is going to happen. You cannot call a game simply a simulation because it feels real or looks authentic. We are a genuine simulation of not only football but of sport and human movement and human ability.

http://www.strengthgamer.com/Dev_Int...ob_Donald.html

the fact that you mestevo, continue to disrespect the developers by claiming your statement as "fact" with no legit basis to stand on....is unnecessary....but you continue to do so.
To be fair, while i do fully buy in to them simulating human movement, physics and intelligence, whether it truly simulates the game, particularly the nuances of the game, remains to be seen, no matter what the devs say.

It's hard to say a football game where no one gets tired and no one gets hurt is truly a simulation of the game.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:01 AM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Most injuries are random. Claiming dice roll system is a way to excuse the developer for leaving this out. As I said, there's no way around it, with this many delays and this much dev. time, this is a pretty big thing to leave out, no matter what excuse you want to roll out there.
I consider injuries like the one Vinny Testaverde had when he was with the Jets....he was dropping back for a pass and he went down....out for the season. Most blamed the turf.....but I blame stuff like that random.......most other injuries you can usually see the cause on replays....whether someone took horrible form in tackling someone....or someone landing awkwardly.....or someone landing on someone's leg..... all these, imo, should be possible to simulate.

Quote:
Come on now. What is far and away the biggest reason you need depth on a football roster? Injuries and giving your players rest when they are fatigued. You can spin it how you want, but lack of fatigue and lack of injuries almost completely make building a deep roster meaningless.
I said there are a couple of reasons why the depth chart will important for some.....it seems some players will perform differently every game...hot/cold streaks....form system....so if someone is struggling....then it would be wise to bring someone else in.

I personally will use the extra rosters spots when dealing with someone trying to cheese, by building his team to try to take advantage of BB not having fatigue....I will have backups that I can bring in to match up will with what an opposing player might be trying to do......like run every down for 3+ yards.

Quote:
Madden and the EA games have no bearing on this game or whether it should have injuries or not.
I'm not saying that.....NM said they couldn't get it to work the way they wanted, some companies don't even admit that......like I have said before, this is their Art...their vision....if they don't want to add something because they feel it will mess up their work...then they shouldn't.... I admit I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, this is their first game and their first football game.....and they seem to something revolutionary to the table, regarding a football game.....so for now, ok........if there is no drastic improvement next time around.....then yeah, I'd feel they are BSing me and hold them accountable...like other developers.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:07 AM   #38
Banned

Quote:
To be fair, while i do fully buy in to them simulating human movement, physics and intelligence, whether it truly simulates the game, particularly the nuances of the game, remains to be seen, no matter what the devs say.

It's hard to say a football game where no one gets tired and no one gets hurt is truly a simulation of the game.
I agree with you there....

for a while, I was saying.... "this game might be the closest simulation of the sport of football" for a while last year......but always added the "might be" or "could be" to cover my arse........that was before learning about no injuries or especially fatigue.....fatigue was the hardest thing I had to deal with, when first hearing about it from the devs.

I still consider this game a sim....but not the truest sim of the sport.....we still have to wait for that.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:07 AM   #39
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
I consider injuries like the one Vinny Testaverde had when he was with the Jets....he was dropping back for a pass and he went down....out for the season. Most blamed the turf.....but I blame stuff like that random.......most other injuries you can usually see the cause on replays....whether someone took horrible form in tackling someone....or someone landing awkwardly.....or someone landing on someone's leg..... all these, imo, should be possible to simulate.
Landing akwardly, etc is random. Most injuries are pretty random in a game of football.

Quote:
I said there are a couple of reasons why the depth chart will important for some.....it seems some players will perform differently every game...hot/cold streaks....form system....so if someone is struggling....then it would be wise to bring someone else in.

I personally will use the extra rosters spots when dealing with someone trying to cheese, by building his team to try to take advantage of BB not having fatigue....I will have backups that I can bring in to match up will with what an opposing player might be trying to do......like run every down for 3+ yards.
Yeah I get that, but let's be honest, no injuries no fatigue, really does make depth and roster building mostly irrelevant. There simply is no way around that.

Quote:
I'm not saying that.....NM said they couldn't get it to work the way they wanted, some companies don't even admit that......like I have said before, this is their Art...their vision....if they don't want to add something because they feel it will mess up their work...then they shouldn't.... I admit I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, this is their first game and their first football game.....and they seem to something revolutionary to the table, regarding a football game.....so for now, ok........if there is no drastic improvement next time around.....then yeah, I'd feel they are BSing me and hold them accountable...like other developers.
I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, as I am still buying the game. But really, no matter how you want to gloss over it, this is a pretty big thing to be missing from a football game. That really can't be disputed.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:09 AM   #40
Banned

Quote:

I agree with you there....

for a while, I was saying.... "this game might be the closest simulation of the sport of football" for a while last year......but always added the "might be" or "could be" just in case, because I wasn't sure........that was before learning about no injuries or especially fatigue.....fatigue was the hardest thing I had to deal with, when first hearing about it from the devs.

I still consider this game a sim....but not the truest sim of the sport.....we still have to wait for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »