Home

OS Front Page Polls Show Madden/EA Have A Lot To Worry About

This is a discussion on OS Front Page Polls Show Madden/EA Have A Lot To Worry About within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:19 PM   #25
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: OS Front Page Polls Show Madden/EA Have A Lot To Worry About

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlegendkillax
I understand your excitement, as I was a huge 2K football fan before EA bought the rights. But your post proves my point that this game is getting so much attention because its not made by EA. And Im afriad that everyone is going to be let down by BB, expecting a brand new and revolutionary game when it wont be.

Of course, I could be wrong. We'll see how it turns out.
Not sure how my post proves your point. All I said is that it's the first brand new football game in 6 years and I'm excited about that. If it was EA instead of 505, I'd still be excited for the technology Natural Motion is introducing and the approach the team is taking. Maybe more so because an EA title could have used the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #26
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
Hey Steve,

yeah, I didn't know it was open to the public....I thought it was a member vote only thing....heck I even had a problem with it early on because I felt it should be one that shows who voted for what.....I'm talking about the "after the conference call" poll, because we don't know if who ever voted for "buy" or "not buy" even listened to the conference.

but about that link to the official BB forums that you provided, you'll see I'm also on there...and if you read through it, I don't remember anyone saying "flood the poll with votes" haha.....so I don't think the eventual vote outcome was because of BB members flooding the poll...

I think that OS has alot of visitors who lurk, but are still sports fans....and maybe they just voted.

but don't get me wrong, I understand why you closed the poll.

either way, it was a fun poll...as well as an interesting informative thread.
Yes, you are correct, nobody said they would flood the poll, but when looking at the redirects, it shows a few IP's coming straight from the BB forums to the poll and voting multiple times. It's ok, the polls will be locked down for OS members only now, so multiple voting will not be an issue, inside or outside.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-26-2010, 11:47 PM   #27
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Not sure how my post proves your point. All I said is that it's the first brand new football game in 6 years and I'm excited about that. If it was EA instead of 505, I'd still be excited for the technology Natural Motion is introducing and the approach the team is taking. Maybe more so because an EA title could have used the NFL.
I'd be more excited if it was EA, actually, there would be a lot less left out and it would have the NFL license.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 AM   #28
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yes, you are correct, nobody said they would flood the poll, but when looking at the redirects, it shows a few IP's coming straight from the BB forums to the poll and voting multiple times. It's ok, the polls will be locked down for OS members only now, so multiple voting will not be an issue, inside or outside.

Wow, is it really that serious people?
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:34 AM   #29
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

I just wish it was somehow against the TOS on the BB forums... So we could weed out those noobs. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »