Home

Backbreaker Producer Q&A (ESPN Videogames)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Producer Q&A (ESPN Videogames) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Backbreaker Producer Q&A (ESPN Videogames)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
That is a nice stadium! But whats with the EUPHORIA banner at the top -right ??? (Tech Demo)
Yea, the stadium is nice. Also, the reason there are Euphoria banners is probably because thats the tech used in the game, and the company making the game is probably trying to market their engine in their own game some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto1
There is progression after 16 team league the highest league is 32 teams.
Correctomundo. 8, 16, and 32 team franchise mode, then in Road to Backbreaker you start off in the 8 team league. Finish in the top 3 and move up to the 16 team league, finish in the bottom 3, move back down, top 3 and you move up to the 32 team league. Bottom 3 you move down, top 3, 29 other spots you stay.

Also, there is no playoffs in this mode. Playoffs are in regular franchise mode though.

― Plato
Old 04-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #34
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Yea, the stadium is nice. Also, the reason there are Euphoria banners is probably because thats the tech used in the game, and the company making the game is probably trying to market their engine in their own game some.

Correctomundo. 8, 16, and 32 team franchise mode, then in Road to Backbreaker you start off in the 8 team league. Finish in the top 3 and move up to the 16 team league, finish in the bottom 3, move back down, top 3 and you move up to the 32 team league. Bottom 3 you move down, top 3, 29 other spots you stay.

Also, there is no playoffs in this mode. Playoffs are in regular franchise mode though.

Copy that, I was actually making a statement, not really asking a question... I wonder if this is a one-time effort to showcase the technology for sale to another company..thats where im headed with this..

They had plenty of time to incorporate features such as injuries and fatigue...absent these features automatically makes this and "arcade" football game. IMO
Old 04-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't think so. I think they just wanted to make a foundation for the series and if it goes well with fans, we'll see injuries, fatigue, etc. in the next game. This is sort of a test run, just a very well done one that looks better than a lot of games and actually looks like one of the few next gen games.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 10:16 PM   #36
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Absolutely incredible.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:17 PM   #37
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Copy that, I was actually making a statement, not really asking a question... I wonder if this is a one-time effort to showcase the technology for sale to another company..thats where im headed with this..

They had plenty of time to incorporate features such as injuries and fatigue...absent these features automatically makes this and "arcade" football game. IMO

How did you gather that from a euphoria banner?

I see all of these companies with thier own advertisements in their games
Old 04-29-2010, 12:00 AM   #38
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
That is a nice stadium! But whats with the EUPHORIA banner at the top -right ??? (Tech Demo)

2k has banners of their logo too. Geez, every game must be a tech demo.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:20 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Yeah, the only info I received is you start in a "lowly" 8 team league and if you finish in the Top Three you're promoted to a 16 team league. I don't the progression after that.

Theres a 32 team league after the 16
Old 04-29-2010, 01:54 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:

Contrary to what some may still believe, NaturalMotion has already stated that this is not a Tech Demo. They want it to be something more. Plus, many companies are already using their technology in their own games. Also, there were some limitations that came with Euphoria that are constantly being ironed out on a regular basis. This is not the end of what Euphoria Motion can do for video games. It will do much more than we can fathom at this point.

My patience is wearing thin for June 1!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »