Home

For Those Probably Buying Backbreaker How Important Are Fatigue And Injuries To You?

This is a discussion on For Those Probably Buying Backbreaker How Important Are Fatigue And Injuries To You? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How Important Are Fatigue And Injuries?
Very Important 45 29.22%
Important 41 26.62%
Not That Important 49 31.82%
Could Care Less 19 12.34%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: For Those Probably Buying Backbreaker How Important Are Fatigue And Injuries To Y

They are very important to me. There's no reason to give your team depth without fatigue or injuries. All I have to do is get decent starters in franchise now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: For Those Probably Buying Backbreaker How Important Are Fatigue And Injuries To Y

Yea, when virtually everything else is spot on you would be a fool to really have these as a deal breaker.

I just dont understand how this is such a huge deal when no game has ever got it right in the first place. I find it hilarious that we finally get a game company that comes out and says, "If we cant make it perfect we wont half *** it into our game, We are sorry we couldnt get it in but we strive for quality not quantity" and they get bashed for it. The other company has shoe horned completely broken aspects into their game just to have another bullet point on the back of the box and that is suppose to be better?

Just dont understand.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #43
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soodmeg
Yea, when virtually everything else is spot on you would be a fool to really have these as a deal breaker.

I just dont understand how this is such a huge deal when no game has ever got it right in the first place. I find it hilarious that we finally get a game company that comes out and says, "If we cant make it perfect we wont half *** it into our game, We are sorry we couldnt get it in but we strive for quality not quantity" and they get bashed for it. The other company has shoe horned completely broken aspects into their game just to have another bullet point on the back of the box and that is suppose to be better?

Just dont understand.
Who bashed them? How does what EA, or 2k or anyother game did have anything to do with this game? Fatigue and injuries have been part of games since the early 90's. Didn't have time to do it right? How many times has this game been delayed? How long has it ibeen in development? This isn't your typical sports game with a 1 year dev cycle and license contract required release dates.

As far as the other stuff, not sure why people feel the need to be apologists for the BB devs. But making it sound as if people are out of their minds for wanting fatigue and injuries is ridiculous.

As far as everything being spot on? How do you know? No one here has played the game.

The lengths people will go in the name of brand loyalty, particularly one that no one has actually played is getting ridiculous.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #44
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
As far as the other stuff, not sure why people feel the need to be apologists for the BB devs. But making it sound as if people are out of their minds for wanting fatigue and injuries is ridiculous.

As far as everything being spot on? How do you know? No one here has played the game.

The lengths people will go in the name of brand loyalty, particularly one that no one has actually played is getting ridiculous.
You make a strong argument, bk, no has played it..we don't know what any of it is like. Soodmeg, people are not fools for thinking such things. It is a valid complaint.

I know why you have such a problem with the apologists...but they have just as much right to express their views as you. People are just getting excited about a new football game. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

As far as brand loyalty, you can't change the way people are going to be and there's nothing you can do about it.
Let's keep an open mind, people.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #45
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Let's keep an open mind, people.
That's actually ironic in this particular forum.

My problem is with apologists who talk down to others because they don't see things as rosy as they do.

For fatigue and injuries, I don't care what the excuse is, I don't care why it's not in there, I don't care how Madden, 2k5, APF, etc handled those things. All I know is as a single player franchise player, 2 core elements are missing, things that have been in games since I was in college nearly 20 years ago. That to me is disappointing.

Like I said not a dealbreaker on it's own merit, but it a real bummer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #46
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:

My problem is with apologists who talk down to others because they don't see things as rosy as they do.

For fatigue and injuries, I don't care what the excuse is, I don't care why it's not in there, I don't care how Madden, 2k5, APF, etc handled those things. All I know is as a single player franchise player, 2 core elements are missing, things that have been in games since I was in college nearly 20 years ago. That to me is disappointing.

I don't see how that's ironic but whatever you say lol.
It is disappointing no matter how you look at it.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #47
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

Call it being an aplologist if you want. I prefer realist. This game is being developed by 8-10 guys over a 3 year span. By comparision, Madden 08 was developed in the same amount of time for that series and they outnumber the BB devs by about 10-1.

Add to that fact that Natural Motion gave us RRTB mode, 3-d interactive crowds, the deepest creation tools on any football game, and is giving us true physics based outcomes with realistic player interactions and less predictable behaviour based AI and I'm willing to cut the team quite a bit of slack.

Realistically, football is not only one of the most difficult games to program but as a football gamer I also have to give Natural Motion a ton of credit just for having the balls to attempt a football game under the current conditions since no other company has attempted it in the past 3 years. That said, a BB2 won't get the same treatment. If this game is successful, my expectations will be much higher for this franchise.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #48
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Call it being an aplologist if you want. I prefer realist. This game is being developed by 8-10 guys over a 3 year span. By comparision, Madden 08 was developed in the same amount of time for that series and they outnumber the BB devs by about 10-1.

Add to that fact that Natural Motion gave us RRTB mode, 3-d interactive crowds, the deepest creation tools on any football game, and is giving us true physics based outcomes with realistic player interactions and less predictable behaviour based AI and I'm willing to cut the team quite a bit of slack.

Realistically, football is not only one of the most difficult games to program but as a football gamer I also have to give Natural Motion a ton of credit just for having the balls to attempt a football game under the current conditions since no other company has attempted it in the past 3 years. That said, a BB2 won't get the same treatment. If this game is successful, my expectations will be much higher for this franchise.
All that's great and all. But it's completely beside the point. In the end, 2 core gameplay elements which have been in games dating back to TSB and FPS football in the early 90's are missing. Without them, for people like me, it makes roster management and depth pointless. It makes managing your players and rotations in game pointless.

As a consumer, buying an unlicensed football game, with relatively little information available, all I care about is the bottom line, not how we got to the bottom line. And the bottom line is two very fundamental elements to a football game, two elements that have been in just about every football game for the last 18 years or so, are missing. You can sugarcoat, excuse and deflect all you want, but it doesn't change that fact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »