Home

Gameplay, what about presentation??!!!

This is a discussion on Gameplay, what about presentation??!!! within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Gameplay, what about presentation??!!!

I know that is all about gameplay for must people, and its true that it does matter, but presentation is just as important as well. With the videos of running and passing, i havent heard anything about the presentation aspect of the game. I know that there is no commentary and its more on the field sounds, but im curious about stats, cutscreens, player comparisons, banners and if there is a halftime show or something.

If backbreaker can do a fantastic job with the gameplay side of it and forget about some presentation aspects, even though the tackles and hits are wonderful, it will get stale real quick. I can give them a pass on there first try, but backbreaker2 has to have a decent presentation stand if its going to really appeal to the american football market. I do want them too succeed and will support there effort, i just hope that they listen too the community and consider our view points on future development of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Gameplay, what about presentation??!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
I know that is all about gameplay for must people, and its true that it does matter, but presentation is just as important as well. With the videos of running and passing, i havent heard anything about the presentation aspect of the game. I know that there is no commentary and its more on the field sounds, but im curious about stats, cutscreens, player comparisons, banners and if there is a halftime show or something.

If backbreaker can do a fantastic job with the gameplay side of it and forget about some presentation aspects, even though the tackles and hits are wonderful, it will get stale real quick. I can give them a pass on there first try, but backbreaker2 has to have a decent presentation stand if its going to really appeal to the american football market. I do want them too succeed and will support there effort, i just hope that they listen too the community and consider our view points on future development of the game.
I agree. I value presentation in a sports game almost as much as the gameplay. From everything we have seen, it does look pretty light and bare in the presentation/atmosphere dept. Maybe next year?
Old 05-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

The crowd is supposed to be very dynamic. I remember seeing in an old video that there where varied emotions that the crowd exhibited, more than any other football game to this point.

But, it is not going to have TV style presentation because the devs are going for an "On The Field." experience. So, I doubt that there will be much in terms of banners. I do remember seeing a scoring summary after someone scores a TD though. But, that is all that I remember seeing.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71

Presentation doesn't matter at all. Devs should spend all there time on gameplay and gameplay only.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

The devs made it clear that this isn't your typical sports game. It's the gameplay that really matters. I think hearing Lee Corso say the same phrase 5 times every game gets stale.
Great gameplay doesn't get repetitive IMO, but those commentators do.
Just what I think anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
The crowd is supposed to be very dynamic. I remember seeing in an old video that there where varied emotions that the crowd exhibited, more than any other football game to this point.

But, it is not going to have TV style presentation because the devs are going for an "On The Field." experience. So, I doubt that there will be much in terms of banners. I do remember seeing a scoring summary after someone scores a TD though. But, that is all that I remember seeing.
strawberrysomethingoranother made a good point in another thread... the replays from the broadcast camera view kinda break the 'on the field experience' mantra the devs have been reiterating.

I am not sure we really have seen any clips with a couple plays called sequentially? Will be interesting to see how it flows and how quickly games progress in the demo, and how everything we've seen ties together.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

You're doing it wrong....

Complaining about presentation or lack thereof is reserved for follow-up releases and sequels...original game ideas are a bit of a stretch to start chanting "fail! fail! there's no hand towels!"....

I am more than willing to see if BB has the chops to be a worthwhile gaming experience during play before criticizing what other things it may or may not have...
Old 05-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 55

I've never cared about presentation and I especially won't care when I'm this close to the field. I'm sure my blood will be just boiling flying around the field. I really think this game is going to feel very intense on the field.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »