Home

Backbreaker Release Date Confirmed, June 1st for $49.99

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Release Date Confirmed, June 1st for $49.99 within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Backbreaker Release Date Confirmed, June 1st for $49.99

505 GAMES AND NATURALMOTION REVEAL BACKBREAKER'S EXTENSIVE IN-GAME CUSTOMIZATION TOOLS

Backbreaker Allows Players to Build the Ultimate Football Team

505 Games and NaturalMotion today released a video detailing the in-depth customization features found in the groundbreaking football video game Backbreaker, allowing players to design completely unique teams.

Every logo, uniform and end zone that ships with Backbreaker's 60 preloaded teams is created using the in-game customization tools. Players can tweak existing elements to their liking, or create completely new ones from scratch using the myriad of colors, shapes, letters, cutters and blockers found in the customization kit. Upon completing the ultimate team, Backbreaker's online multiplayer support allows gamers to take to the field and show off their team's logos, end zone and uniforms with friends.

Poised to change the way players experience sports video games on next-gen consoles, Backbreaker's intuitive controls allow experienced and new gamers to easily jump in on the live football action as soon as they pick up the controller.

Players can build their dream team and share it with friends when Backbreaker ships for Xbox 360™ and PlayStation®3 on June 1, 2010 for an MSRP of $49.99.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Backbreaker Release Date Confirmed, June 1st for $49.99

So I'm guessing they meant to release this last week when the video was?

PS3 is currently $45 at Amazon btw
Old 05-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19
Uhmmmmm, so because people are frustrated with how football has gone with EA, we are expected to take a "Blind Leap" and pay $50 plus without playing a demo?

I want football, but since the return policy changed to "Once opened, you own", I am very picky about buying games. Of course we can rent, but I just don't see this game stocking Blockbuster shelves in abundance.

We shall see what's really going on as one thing I've learned is that gamers have become experts at picking games apart.

If there is info about a demo, then this reply is mute.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:51 AM   #4
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
I'll be buying it on day 1. Can't wait to see what they've done. I haven't followed them for the last couple of months. 3 years in development, and my interest trailed off towards the end. Glad there's a couple weeks between it and Red Dead Redemption. That would have been a tough call gaming wise.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
Banned

Highlight224's Arena

OVR: 14

Definite day 1 buy. I believe it is $45 as well at Wal Mart if you preorder it. I will pay $45 for a football game that I know will be different every time I play it. Can't wait for this game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2010, 02:44 AM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Plan on getting on day one aswell. Thanks for the update steveo.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:04 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12
I've lost all interest in this game. Maybe I'll change my mind once reviews and customer feedback comes in after it's release. At the moment I expect this game to get very boring very quickly.

Euphoria physics aside, this game seems pretty bare bones.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:12 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
I've lost all interest in this game. Maybe I'll change my mind once reviews and customer feedback comes in after it's release. At the moment I expect this game to get very boring very quickly.

Euphoria physics aside, this game seems pretty bare bones.
Not entirely true. Aside from Euphoria, this game has a very in-depth customization tool, 2 franchise modes, training drills, and tackle alley. While this game is missing some things, I think it's going to be amazing to play. And even though we are talking about features besides Euphoria, that in itself will make this game truly shine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »