Home

Demo Release Date Confirmed

This is a discussion on Demo Release Date Confirmed within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Demo Release Date Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Their marketing and promotion of this game is pretty awful. Although the draft commercial was a good idea, everything else has been awful (I never actually seen the commercial during the draft, however).

I get that the game isn't going to be feature-rich and they don't want to overplay what they have in that area, I get that. But this close to release there should be more noise. Way more.

It kinda reminds me of the same mistakes 2K made with APF's promotion. APF's demo didn't come out until after release, so at least BB will have one before, but it's only a few days before. They should've arranged to release Tackle Alley as a demo at the beginning of this month. It shows off the game and mostly only its merit, and doesn't give enough away for people to start complaining and pointing out the typical flaws of 11-on-11 football. People went nuts over the TA demo video back when it came out and it would've been a great promotional tool for the full game. They could've been releasing short videos showing off the full game for this entire month, teasing gamers to let them know that TA is just a taste. But somebody at NM was asleep at the wheel and missed a golden opportunity. It's common knowledge that the three biggest sales times for football games are release date, around season kickoff (for NFL games), and the weeks surrounding Christmas time. They don't have the kickoff period because it's a fictional league, so they've only got two to draw on so their promo period needed to be even longer.

I just hope the game is a lot better than their marketing/promotional efforts.
Yea..

I dont understand the present day marketing ideas that some companies employ. The internet is virtually free and can reach millions in a relative short matter of time. 2k failed miserably at marketing and thus far so has Backbreaker. It could be the best or worst football game anyone has ever played, and yet the majority of sports fans dont even know its coming out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »