Home

Will Power HB's be viable in BB?

This is a discussion on Will Power HB's be viable in BB? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Will Power HB's be viable in BB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
SIZE should be an important factor, but when a LenDale White looks exactly like a Brandon Marshall in the game it is difficult to figure out exactly what is going on. I am guessing that player weight is important mathematically for physics engine considerations, but not for player modelling.

Look at the massive arms on WR #88. What a freak. Must be getting his steroids from K-Mart. The sky looks calming.......the blades of glass....the little bitty 3D people who make up a realistic crowd.....atmosphere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 10

i think people are looking at the pads and not ghe player because they are not all the same size
Old 05-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74

Look at the massive arms on WR #88. What a freak. Must be getting his steroids from K-Mart. The sky looks calming.......the blades of glass....the little bitty 3D people who make up a realistic crowd.....atmosphere.
that's the first pic I've seen where you can see a size differential. Haven't noticed in the videos, but thanks for pointing it out.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
It's going to be sweet wearing down defenses as you pound that rock play after play. Power football at its finest.
If there was fatigue...Still great stuff nontheless. Hopefully the "FORM" system plays out.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #29
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I dont think 88 has massive arms in that pic.. Basic noodle arms. In fact I think he has the smallest arms out of the models in the photo. IMO

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 05-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #30
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
Every gameplay video I've seen for Backbreaker so far has had ballcarriers doding tackles with spins and jukes, but I haven't seen any tackles be broken by a HB just lowering his shoulder and running through a defender. Has there been any footage of ballcarriers being able to break tackles with stiff arms or lowering their shoulder?

I really like using Power HBs in football games, so if they aren't viable or are much less effective than Elusive HBs in BB it will be a huge turn off (espcially since I'm still on the fence about getting it).

The lastest video has power running using the shoulder charge action, etc
Old 05-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #31
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
If there was fatigue...Still great stuff nontheless. Hopefully the "FORM" system plays out.

This is a real big question mark for me... is this going to be random (but wait, I thought 'dice rolls' were the debil) or will your good players always be good and your bad players always be bad?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
This is a real big question mark for me... is this going to be random (but wait, I thought 'dice rolls' were the debil) or will your good players always be good and your bad players always be bad?
I don't know but it would be nice if it was a situation where, say you had to...keep everyone involved.....like if you ignore a receiver for a whole game, his form might drop alittle.....same thing with a RB.....or as a QB if you keep making bad passes or decisions....his form might drop alittle...

kind of like MLB The Show....if you keep picking one pitch, say fast ball, sure that pitch's effectiveness would increase...but if you ignore your other pitches, then the meter on your curveball would decrease and when you choose to throw it, it won't be as effective until you build it up as well....like your fast ball.......so that was the fun part about MLB The Show....you had strategize within the your regular strategy of just trying to get someone out....

almost like game within a game.....that'd be cool if that was the case with BackBreaker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »