Home

Just a thought

This is a discussion on Just a thought within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 20
Re: Just a thought

^^ right, I mean this is the competition everyone has been screaming for. If nothing else it will force madden to adopt its tackle engine. COMPETITION!
Old 05-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Was an honest mistake, I got my 'things I expect in a football game' and 'things that Backbreaker is missing' wires crossed.

Since neither of you commented on the rest, I presume you agree.
Just trying to keep you informed
Player contracts haven't been confirmed, this is correct. Hopefully they are in.
Regarding your season mode comment, the devs themselves have specifically said you can play multiple seasons(beyond 2, fyi) Same goes for Road to BB.

There are a lot of things unknown. Let's stick to the facts and what has been confirmed to be(or not) in the game.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #11
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

If the gameplay is at least good, Backbreaker will give you alot more for your money than Madden.

Most people will put out $60 to play NCAA for a month then put out $60 for Madden,buy $20 or so worth of downloadable content and then give up when they have to wait a few months for a patch that screws things up worse anyway.

Backbreaker's customization will keep the game fresh for years as long as the gameplay is at least good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
Rookie

jeffmanqb3's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
If the gameplay is at least good, Backbreaker will give you alot more for your money than Madden.

Most people will put out $60 to play NCAA for a month then put out $60 for Madden,buy $20 or so worth of downloadable content and then give up when they have to wait a few months for a patch that screws things up worse anyway.

Backbreaker's customization will keep the game fresh for years as long as the gameplay is at least good.
A simple season mode is good for me because the customization. If gameplay is decent, the game will be awesome for me.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:33 AM   #13
Banned

Highlight224's Arena

OVR: 14

I believe that I will be spending a lot more time than I expected creating teams. I never did play any of the Forza games so I have no hands on experience what so ever with the creator, just videos I have watched. Hopefully I can get the hang of it. If the game play doesn't hold up though, the creator is not much use.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:56 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I plan to also spend a lot of time in the team customization set up, and setting up my own fictional league and not to mention editing every team's roster, so I will be busy using the team customization feature. Can't wait!
Old 05-09-2010, 03:21 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 33

I'm not really into customisation. I just hope someone creates all 32 NFL teams so other people can download.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2010, 04:35 AM   #16
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseym12
Gameplay, Gameplay, Gameplay. PPl need a franchise mode because of the low replay value of Ncaa and Madden. Because the GAMEPLAY is not up to par and hasnt been in many years....
That's not really true. There are those of us, who enjoy the off the field portion as well as the on the field portion. Building a franchise, developing players, drafting/recruiting are all part of that.

Franchise/Dynasty mode isn't needed because of lacking gameplay, it's needed because there are a lot of people who enjoy that piece of the game as well, as it adds to the experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »