Home

Just a thought

This is a discussion on Just a thought within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #25
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
There is a file share solution
This is TBD though really isn't it? Nothing confirmed, it's just assumed that roster files will be able to be plucked from the hard drive and shared online?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 12:10 AM   #26
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Ive never seen a product that needs a 30 minutes infomercial like BB does.. Daggummit!! we need info!!

easy pops! more vids are a commin
Old 05-11-2010, 12:17 AM   #27
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
This is TBD though really isn't it? Nothing confirmed, it's just assumed that roster files will be able to be plucked from the hard drive and shared online?

Reportedly they are contractually bound NOT to include file sharing for this game..Im positive i read something about this a while back.. They don't want the NFL or any licensed entities copyrights violated im sure. In other words they're not getting a cut, so this may not happen.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:25 AM   #28
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
Reportedly they are contractually bound NOT to include file sharing for this game..Im positive i read something about this a while back.. They don't want the NFL or any licensed entities copyrights violated im sure. In other words they're not getting a cut, so this may not happen.
There could still be liability, depends on if the NFL things restricting naming of players and teams is enough of NM doing their own due diligence in preventing copyright/trademark issues.

NCSoft was sued by Marvel several years ago because people were creating the likenesses of comic book heroes in City of Heroes and that ended in a confidential settlement after a year of litigation that ended w/ no changes to CoH.

I certainly wouldn't rule out any action by the NFL when people start showing off their creations on youtube and elsewhere.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:32 AM   #29
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well overall I think all 3 games are going to be good this year. I'm looking forward to BB, Ncaa 11, and Madden 11. I will be getting all 3 no matter what happens.So both companies will get my full support. But good luck to BB game this coming up next month when it goes up for sale on june. 1st.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:25 AM   #30
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Well overall I think all 3 games are going to be good this year. I'm looking forward to BB, Ncaa 11, and Madden 11. I will be getting all 3 no matter what happens.So both companies will get my full support. But good luck to BB game this coming up next month when it goes up for sale on june. 1st.
I'm getting all 3. Only because BB comes out in June. So I'll have something to play for a month. And play NCAA for 2 weeks. Then Madden for the rest of the year.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:52 AM   #31
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
No file share in BB...You would have to do all 32 teams yourself...I couldnt be bothered with that.

If the AI is up to snuff...I can see me making a dozen or so teams and tackling the ROAD TO BB mode quite a bit.
To be honest, I don't care about no NFL license. I am looking forward to playing with fictional teams. Will be a nice change of pace imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
All we know about franchise can be expressed in 2-3 sentences, and since it's missing injuries/fatigue there's no way anyone can assume trades, player contracts, etc are in the game. They also go out of their way to not call the 'single season mode that lets you play the next year' mode not a franchise mode. Stuff like the minimal amount of player attributes and progression I am looking forward to hearing more about as well.

I am still playing Madden 10 today because I enjoy building a successful team in franchise mode. All the customization stuff in Backbreaker is cool, but really will only use that stuff to create my initial team and never use much of it again unless ever I start over.

Fans of Madden and NCAA have complained for a long time about a lot of things (I'm not one of them, I'm generally happy and play my football games a ton), but they are unhappy with Backbreaker because trading in a car that can't go backwards with a car that doesn't turn still leaves you with an awful car.
I agree that there should be more details out on Backbreaker various different modes and features. We are going to find out if the car can turn by either playing the demo or renting the game.

Season mode in Backbreaker has trades, free agency and the draft. There is also a unique credits system in place where through team and individual acheivements. You can obtain credits to buy free agents.

From what we know about player atributes. Each individual player has numbered ratings for each atribute and then his average rating is his ranking. So players will either end up being rated gold, silver or bronze based on what their atribute numbers are. On top of that is player form. Which is sort of like the NBA games in season hot/cold dna. That effects a player's rating/performance. Like for example, If you aren't running properly with your back and start fumbling. You will become more prone to fumbling because defenders will react to your players tendencies. That's taking advantage of euphoria and how it effects player awareness because it does. Not much is known about player progression but players can improve week to week or downgrade based on their on field performance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »