Home

Your Pros/ Cons of Backbreaker...

This is a discussion on Your Pros/ Cons of Backbreaker... within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:40 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Your Pros/ Cons of Backbreaker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Wait, wait, wait, so now like injuries and fatigue, hot routes are suddenly not done right in other games so they have no place in Backbreaker?
or maybe the BackBreaker devs weren't able to do them right and chose to leave them out, instead of letting it affect their perspective of how they want the gameplay to be.

I know for a fact, that fatigue not being done right has affected my view of Gameplay from the other NFL game......I've stated this before, but with my starters just disappearing and nowhere to be found, had a HUGE effect on my gameplay experience and I'm saying that lightly......it was/is VERY frustrating.

I can see how hot routes affect gameplay for others if there is a balance issue from their perspective......I don't personally have a problem with hot routes.

Last edited by Afrikan; 05-11-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:05 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 8

Pros
  • Unpredictability of every play
  • Movement is smooth and fluid
  • Customization
  • Physics
Cons
  • Wish the demo wasn't a few days before the actual release
Old 05-11-2010, 02:46 AM   #75
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
or maybe the BackBreaker devs weren't able to do them right and chose to leave them out, instead of letting it affect their perspective of how they want the gameplay to be.

I know for a fact, that fatigue not being done right has affected my view of Gameplay from the other NFL game......I've stated this before, but with my starters just disappearing and nowhere to be found, had a HUGE effect on my gameplay experience and I'm saying that lightly......it was/is VERY frustrating.

I can see how hot routes affect gameplay for others if there is a balance issue from their perspective......I don't personally have a problem with hot routes.
I have never seen my starters disappear. I believe that was caused by setting the "in" setting to high and progressive fatigue not getting them back high enough (by design). That's more of a user config issue than anything else. However that's neither here nor there, as Madden's ability to implement the feature has zero to do with Backbreaker's inability to implement the feature.

The "they couldn't get it right" excuse doesn't fly. If they couldn't get it right, that's also on them for not designing and implementing a pretty standard feature in football games. There is no way around it, no injuries and no fatigue are big oversights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 02:56 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I have never seen my starters disappear. I believe that was caused by setting the "in" setting to high and progressive fatigue not getting them back high enough (by design). That's more of a user config issue than anything else. However that's neither here nor there, as Madden's ability to implement the feature has zero to do with Backbreaker's inability to implement the feature.

The "they couldn't get it right" excuse doesn't fly. If they couldn't get it right, that's also on them for not designing and implementing a pretty standard feature in football games. There is no way around it, no injuries and no fatigue are big oversights.
They were NOT oversights. Both injuries and fatigue were considered heavily for the Backbreaker game. They both could have been forced into the game but the developers decided to leave them both out because they would have effected the gameplay. They wanted both features to be natural not forced or dice rolls. I don't think that euphoria is at the stage of development yet where they can do injuries and fatigue justice. The kind of justice that the developers want in this game.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:15 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

I don't f*** with settings AT ALL....I just play on All Madden and that is it....and I turn off the stupid PS3 sensitivey for the motion controller.....besides that I don't do anything.

I mess with the depth chart with WRs but nothing else on offense to where Vernon Davis or Frank Gore should just disappear.......it happened mostly in 2 player mode playing against my brother....and a couple Online games....but that is on All Pro of course.

it is not a user issue as far as I'm considered......

I'm disappointed in them not having fatigue...but for some reason I trust them more so right now....than other football developers who have lied to me in the past........so for now I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, if it is indeed true they didn't put it in because they want to do it right......so if they do it right for BB2, it was worth the sacrifice for BB1, imo as a consumer......but if they don't get it right for BB2, I'll be pissed....and expect a regular version and if they don't have that, I might not buy the game new....might get it used to show my frustration.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:19 AM   #78
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
I don't f*** with settings AT ALL....I just play on All Madden and that is it....and I turn off the stupid PS3 sensitivey for the motion controller.....besides that I don't do anything.

I mess with the depth chart with WRs but nothing else on offense to where Vernon Davis or Frank Gore should just disappear.......it happened mostly in 2 player mode playing against my brother....and a couple Online games....but that is on All Pro of course.

I'm disappointed in them not having fatigue...but for some reason I trust them more so right now....than other football developers who have lied to me in the past........so for now I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, if it is indeed true they didn't put it in because they want to do it right......so if they do it right for BB2, it was worth the sacrifice for BB1, imo as a consumer......but if they don't get it right for BB2, I'll be pissed....and expect a regular version and if they don't have that, I might not buy the game new....might get it used to show my frustration.
FYI, I know your experienced a small glitch with the disappearing starters (which is definitely rooted to changing sub numbers), but fatigue in Madden definitely does work on default mode.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:46 AM   #79
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:

Weird. In my several dozen games, I have never seen that happen once, to either me or my opponent.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:50 AM   #80
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonM
They were NOT oversights. Both injuries and fatigue were considered heavily for the Backbreaker game. They both could have been forced into the game but the developers decided to leave them both out because they would have effected the gameplay. They wanted both features to be natural not forced or dice rolls. I don't think that euphoria is at the stage of development yet where they can do injuries and fatigue justice. The kind of justice that the developers want in this game.
I am sorry but that's not an excuse. Whether it was an oversight, they couldn't figure out a way, or whatever it is, they simply didn't get it done. That's on them, and it is a big thing to be missing. No matter what the excuse, it's definitely a negative to the game.

I know some of you guys want to defend this game to the death, and I am optimistic about this game, but there is no way around it, for franchise players in particular, this is a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »