Home

Your Pros/ Cons of Backbreaker...

This is a discussion on Your Pros/ Cons of Backbreaker... within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #65
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Your Pros/ Cons of Backbreaker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
What if this is "IT" ?

IT being the first near perfect football gameplay engine.. Were all in wait and see mode..But if this is THAT engine, with all the time and work that went into achieving a level of realistic play never before seen, a level that none of the games weve had in the past or currently have never reached..couldn't we give them a pass on their first effort for the smaller features left out?

Better yet, imagine BB2 with all the missing features added? I know this isnt about BB2 but, weve been asking for TRUE PHYSICS, MOMENTUM and COLLISION DETECTION in our games for years and havent gotten jack.

Strange how some other games are now claiming that their gameplay engines are being redone as BB's release is upon us???

BB may force other developers to match their gameplay..and thats good for all of us.
Why wait for BB2 when there could be no BB2.. They should set the bar high.. The causal fan will not care about True Physics, Momentum and Collision Detection.. They being working on this game for three years, looks like the spend 2.5 years working on an engine..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Why wait for BB2 when there could be no BB2.. They should set the bar high.. The causal fan will not care about True Physics, Momentum and Collision Detection.. They being working on this game for three years, looks like the spend 2.5 years working on an engine..
well it is a pretty advanced engine.....add to that, trying to incorporate it into a sport that is very hard to replicate in Football...I'm sure it took them a very long time.

I'm just surprised this game had Franchise type features....for 2 different modes...

I REALLY wasn't expecting that....and then add to that, the customization options?...I don't know how they did it with a small team.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #67
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

"- Not sold on presentation, we've only seen a bunch of produced videos, rather than something like a drive or a quarter of football. "

This is a good point. It's not like we can expect to see a video of any bad gameplay this game might have..Theyre not going to show us bad AI just like EA wouldnt either..

They need to reassure potential customers..the reduced price is a plus though..
Old 05-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #68
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34

Good points...

The casual fan won't even look at this game because it isnt NFL..but if every game was marketed to the casual fan we would end up with exactly what we have..Unrealistic games with broken gameplay engines and players models whose body parts pass through each other on every play. We'll have the same old EA stop on a dime, no look interceptions, fake football that weve all been force -fed over the years..

The game may not survive but i think the gameplay engine will be bought out and used by another company.

every game has Pros and Cons.. i think the pros outweigh the cons in this one. (potentially)
Old 05-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #69
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
"- Not sold on presentation, we've only seen a bunch of produced videos, rather than something like a drive or a quarter of football. "

This is a good point. It's not like we can expect to see a video of any bad gameplay this game might have..Theyre not going to show us bad AI just like EA wouldnt either..

They need to reassure potential customers..the reduced price is a plus though..
Yep. I want to see just one full quarter of play. No fancy stuff, just one quarter of straight up gameplay. I don't think that is too much to ask.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can see not having hot routes as a pro and con. In many of the other football games, the hot route became kind of a money play. The defensive ai did not adjust well even after being abused by it all game. So unless it is implemented right, Id rather it not be in there. Id rather it be left out than put in and not implemented correctly.

Last edited by guitar4468; 05-10-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:42 PM   #71
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar4468
I can see not having hot routes as a pro and con. In many of the other football games, the hot route became kind of a money play. The defensive ai did not adjust well even after being abused by it all game. So unless it is implemented right, Id rather it not be in there. Id rather it be left out than put in and not implemented correctly.

EXACTLY... its like calling your play after youve seen theirs...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 01:32 AM   #72
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Wait, wait, wait, so now like injuries and fatigue, hot routes are suddenly not done right in other games so they have no place in Backbreaker?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »