Home

DEMO is finished...up to MS and Sony now.

This is a discussion on DEMO is finished...up to MS and Sony now. within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #41
Rookie

wickedbadman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: DEMO is finished...up to MS and Sony now.

Doesn't the 360 marketplace get updates on Thursday too? I know the PS3 is Tuesdays only but I thought there was some give on the 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #42
Rookie

I am very curious about bugs, glitches, and physics issues. The Euphoria engine, while it looks awesome, occasionally freaks out. Just play GTA4 or Red Dead for example. And that isn't even that complex or precise as football. I am very interested in this.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
I am very curious about bugs, glitches, and physics issues. The Euphoria engine, while it looks awesome, occasionally freaks out. Just play GTA4 or Red Dead for example. And that isn't even that complex or precise as football. I am very interested in this.
true, but i dont think thats the best example as Rockstar's proprietary engine RAGE takes precedent over euphoria's in gta and red dead...

in other words, you as a player retain animated control (i.e. your horse or self walking into a tree stump, and instead of falling over the tree stump, you'd just keep walking in place) in environments and euphoria only takes over when guys are falling or shot. In backbreaker, euphoria works with MORPHEME, another engine by natural motion, so that every interaction is governed by euphoria.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'd be more likely to impulsively buy the game when it's released if the demo is not out before then.

If the demo hits before then, and we also find out that franchise mode is barely worth being called that, then I'll probably pass altogether.
The franchise mode is pointless without injuries and fatigue.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #45
Banned

Clemalum2007's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketRocket
Im glad they left them out instead of putting in a random roll system like you see in EA sports games. Those are NOT realistic. I have seen my Running back get ankle tackled and break his leg.

Also you will still have to manage things like player contracts, drafting, and trades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemalum2007
Im glad they left them out instead of putting in a random roll system like you see in EA sports games. Those are NOT realistic. I have seen my Running back get ankle tackled and break his leg.

Also you will still have to manage things like player contracts, drafting, and trades.
Agreed, although fatigue would be nice I think no injuries is better than dice roll injuries.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:52 PM   #47
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketRocket
When I watched the Italian video that surfaced a little while ago, they showed the Road to Backbreaker starting screen. In that screen it basically explains your teams ratings are adjusted for that mode. In other words you have to build your team up from a very low starting point. The mode will have you improving your team over at least 3 seasons and maybe more if you are not able to finish in the top 3. Not to mention your players will have form that gets affected between games.

The mode most definitely does have value even without injuries and fatigue.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #48
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemalum2007

Player contracts have never been confirmed, and we don't know how trades and the draft work.

You guys and your dice rolls. You do realize that people get hurt just WALKING while playing sports. Seasons and probably a few careers have ended as someone's just running down the field or making a cut untouched and their knee or ankle pops. Random elements (oversimplified by many and written off as 'dice rolls') are essential in sports games.

If franchise isn't worth playing because of other things that it's missing, then I am not interested in buying an arcade game - which is all it will be to me.. a game with pretty tackles and one-off exhibition games either offline or online + tackle alley that you toss in the console to show to friends.

If franchise is fun has some semblance of real life development of a football team, then I look forward to playing their football sim. THAT is why I want to play the demo, and read reviews (which, despite any positive or negative spins, will contain information NM is apparently unwilling to tell us prior to release) to make my decision on buying the game or wondering how long until BB2 is 'benched' like APF2k9 was. 'Flow system' (which has to be random or it'll just encourage cheese), progression, the draft (what does scouting show, all their ratings? Madden's online franchise was awful because of this), free agency (contracts?), among other details still need a lot of elaboration for me and anyone else who plays franchise games to consider this game a purchase.

I want to like this game, that's why I've been so active on this forum. The lack of information and focus on the window dressing is just amazing though. We're learning about 'running' and 'passing' 3 and 4 weeks from release. Up next? Looks like defense! None of these are reasons we'll be playing in 6 months... or maybe even 3 weeks from release. I am not negative, I am realistic (this is actually the name of my first OS blog I started writing but never got around to finishing the other day, heh).

Gameplay can be fun, and that's the first barrier of entry to buying the game, since they've reinvented the wheel here as far as football games go, but to me if I am not building toward something... be it a franchise or something lame and superficial like a gamerscore then my motivation for playing a game wanes pretty quickly.

All that being said, I'm not making $6/hr anymore, if I had to say right now whether I was purchasing it or not I'd say yes I am. If Rob's 'has all the franchise stuff you'd expect' (paraphrasing) quote fails to deliver, then that will change pretty quick unfortunately. I'm just not going to pay $50 just for Road to BB... which sounds fun for a few seasons... but what then?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »