Home

DEMO is finished...up to MS and Sony now.

This is a discussion on DEMO is finished...up to MS and Sony now. within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 05:07 PM   #49
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: DEMO is finished...up to MS and Sony now.

to reply to the demo being approved by Sony/MS... hard to tell when it will be up, they've been releasing a lot Tues-Thurs this month:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/xboxlivemarketplace
Old 05-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #50
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbsides
Agreed, although fatigue would be nice I think no injuries is better than dice roll injuries.
Stop the madness.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2041033261
Old 05-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #51
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
All that being said, I'm not making $6/hr anymore, if I had to say right now whether I was purchasing it or not I'd say yes I am. If Rob's 'has all the franchise stuff you'd expect' (paraphrasing) quote fails to deliver, then that will change pretty quick unfortunately. I'm just not going to pay $50 just for Road to BB... which sounds fun for a few seasons... but what then?
For $50, you can play at least 3 seasons in R2BB building your team into a champion, you can also create a traditional NFL type league and fill your division with the strongest cpu teams in the game while making yours the weakest and then build it up with just draft picks alone even if the trade logic or salary cap isn't very good.

That's at least 4 full seasons of offline franchise play (more if you have to build up your team to win the championship in the traditional mode). If the game is fun I don't see how you won't play enough to get your money's worth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

back breaker demo has been approved by mircorsoft so when do u guys think it be realsed on the marketplace Thursday or next Tue

try make my own thread so people know it was coming out very soon but got lock didnt want to post in this thread due to it be way in the back since its way in the back and not everyone look at the last page

It's getting hot!!!!

torstenreil Backbreaker demo approved by Microsoft and Sony. Not long now...

Last edited by poisedjase; 05-19-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #53
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisedjase
back breaker demo has been approved by mircorsoft so when do u guys think it be realsed on the marketplace Thursday or next Tue

try make my own thread so people know it was coming out very soon but got lock didnt want to post in this thread due to it be way in the back since its way in the back and not everyone look at the last page

It's getting hot!!!!

torstenreil Backbreaker demo approved by Microsoft and Sony. Not long now...

MS may have approved the submitted demo however I would assume that the makers of Backbreaker would have some say as to when Microsoft releases it. Upon reading that the reviews are not being allowed until June 1st I would be surprised to see the demo before the release date.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #54
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
MS may have approved the submitted demo however I would assume that the makers of Backbreaker would have some say as to when Microsoft releases it. Upon reading that the reviews are not being allowed until June 1st I would be surprised to see the demo before the release date.
Um...no. The review embargo is nothing new to games, in fact a lot of game companies put some sort of embargo on when sites are allowed to release reviews, that has absolutely no effect on when the demo comes out.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #55
Banned

Clemalum2007's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Player contracts have never been confirmed, and we don't know how trades and the draft work.

You guys and your dice rolls. You do realize that people get hurt just WALKING while playing sports. Seasons and probably a few careers have ended as someone's just running down the field or making a cut untouched and their knee or ankle pops. Random elements (oversimplified by many and written off as 'dice rolls') are essential in sports games.

If franchise isn't worth playing because of other things that it's missing, then I am not interested in buying an arcade game - which is all it will be to me.. a game with pretty tackles and one-off exhibition games either offline or online + tackle alley that you toss in the console to show to friends.

If franchise is fun has some semblance of real life development of a football team, then I look forward to playing their football sim. THAT is why I want to play the demo, and read reviews (which, despite any positive or negative spins, will contain information NM is apparently unwilling to tell us prior to release) to make my decision on buying the game or wondering how long until BB2 is 'benched' like APF2k9 was. 'Flow system' (which has to be random or it'll just encourage cheese), progression, the draft (what does scouting show, all their ratings? Madden's online franchise was awful because of this), free agency (contracts?), among other details still need a lot of elaboration for me and anyone else who plays franchise games to consider this game a purchase.

I want to like this game, that's why I've been so active on this forum. The lack of information and focus on the window dressing is just amazing though. We're learning about 'running' and 'passing' 3 and 4 weeks from release. Up next? Looks like defense! None of these are reasons we'll be playing in 6 months... or maybe even 3 weeks from release. I am not negative, I am realistic (this is actually the name of my first OS blog I started writing but never got around to finishing the other day, heh).

Gameplay can be fun, and that's the first barrier of entry to buying the game, since they've reinvented the wheel here as far as football games go, but to me if I am not building toward something... be it a franchise or something lame and superficial like a gamerscore then my motivation for playing a game wanes pretty quickly.

All that being said, I'm not making $6/hr anymore, if I had to say right now whether I was purchasing it or not I'd say yes I am. If Rob's 'has all the franchise stuff you'd expect' (paraphrasing) quote fails to deliver, then that will change pretty quick unfortunately. I'm just not going to pay $50 just for Road to BB... which sounds fun for a few seasons... but what then?

No offense man I have read your "very active" posts in this forum and you might be the most negative person on here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 06:14 PM   #56
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemalum2007
No offense man I have read your "very active" posts in this forum and you might be the most negative person on here.
Pretty easy to come across as negative in the face of so much blind praise and optimism. My points are often accurate and appropriate, or I am sure my name would be fuschia or I'd have heard from a mod. No offense taken.

Edit: the OVR rating is strange, I posted 3x today, and it went down a point.

Last edited by mestevo; 05-19-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »