Home

Ideas about Official OS NFL/NCAA Rosters for online play

This is a discussion on Ideas about Official OS NFL/NCAA Rosters for online play within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Ideas about Official OS NFL/NCAA Rosters for online play

I know alot of us are going to want to create NFL rosters and play online against fellow OS'ers. i was just thinking a way to do this would be for us as a community to set a standard NFL roster for each team. This way whenever we play against say the Seahawks(lol) against any OS'er, whether its on ps3 or 360, it will be the same team everytime...not just that person's view of that team. it would be great if we could get a roster subforum for us to discuss each teams official OS roster. then the original post can be edited so the 1st page of each team's thread will always have the roster set that is in play at the moment.

It could also be a fun dialogue for fans of each team and could also be done for NCAA teams if people wanna branch out to that as well. and we can do roster updates during the season maybe once a month and have dialogue on changes and come to agreements, then set the rosters for the next month.

Uniforms and endzone art is where things could be up to the user's view and could be interesting to see what kinda Uni's and art everyone can create and also bragging rights to the best artist...my Seahawks uni's/field art is better than yours blah blah...u get the idea! i think the only stipulation is it should be the teams colors mixed and matched from any of their currents or throwbacks kinda like u can do on madden.

with this plan, it could help for those who dont want to create the whole 32 teams and just focus on creating the ones they plan to use against other OS'ers online. so if ur in a hurry and just wanna compete, ur roster is correct but ur uni's could be as generic as u want them to be. it will also serve as a template for everyone who does want to create them all for offline as well.

i could be getting ahead of myself, but if this game is the "truf" then we're good to go. if not, then of course i doubt anyone would have any interest in this anyway. chime in on this guys and lets see what everyone thinks.

Last edited by o Mass Murda o; 05-13-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Ideas about Official OS NFL/NCAA Rosters for online play

nobody has any thoughts or interest in this?!? i actually thought this was a pretty good idea since nobody has really talked much about a way of implementing NFL/NCAA rosters here for online, considering we're 2wks away from going live.

ah well, guess everyone is too busy bashing and arguing about the game to get to talking about actually having fun with it and building a good BB online community on OS for those who are actually gonna buy it....

If you're actually buying this game lets stop wasting our time with the naysayers and trolls and proving them wrong, and try to get something going for our enjoyment. with that said...anybody have any ideas or want to expand on my initial thoughts?!?!?!?
Old 05-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

I posted this at the other forum awhile back....

there are some veteran roster guru's here who have shown interest in creating rosters..

now here is the problem that I think no one has brought up....

If file sharing is going to be how I think it is going to be, then the teams and rosters will be saved on one save file....

the problem is, if one person does the rosters and another person does team colors at the same time on different save files....then they will not be to use them together....and one of them will have to do everything over again....

If I'm right about how the save and share system will be...
what I suggest to do is.....one person does the rosters first, then when he is finished he uploads it so that our selected talented graphic artist can download it and do all the team logos and uniforms....and when he is finished we all have 32 NFL Teams with full rosters.

the FULL Project might take about 3-4 weeks.....but if our Roster Guru can get the rosters up in a week or so....we can all download that and play with 32 teams with full NFL rosters, for the time being while our Logo artist works on the teams Logos and uniforms....then when he is done....we'll just download his file which should have everything...

now if are able to do teams individually, then it would be much easier to work together....

but if not....what we could do now is get a thread started, with fans of specific teams researching their projected depth charts...but more importantly the full expected rosters........and have that as an added reference for our roster guru(s).
Old 05-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm gonna waite to see what the consensus is on this game....

If there is good feedback I'd definetly take a look at recreating some old USFL teams or College teams

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm down to create the Bengals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #6
Banned

yea that would be cool too Afrikan and would ensure everyone has sweet replica uni's to boot....my idea was kinda more of making roster "blueprints" for everyone to follow to kinda get around the sharing prob and also create an OS standard so when u play an OS'er no matter the system, u know the exact stats of the teams ur playing. then that way every roster is blueprinted on how it should be setup, then each person gets to do their own artwork for personal touch, with a few guidelines such as colors of any existing uni's. if u make sweet uni's cool, if ur lazier and just wanna do generic looking uni's so be it.

with subforum being created and each team having its own thread, it gives us some order and makes it easier to find the blueprint for whatever team u want and to be able to join in the discussions in one place. also with this blueprint kinda way, it makes it a little more flexible. all we have to do is set the rosters, then everyone just has to go in and make whatever changes are needed rather than waiting on somebodys file.

either idea is cool tho. but as the other guy said and me in the 1st post, it all hinges on if this game is worth the effort. i honestly think it will be tho.

Last edited by o Mass Murda o; 05-14-2010 at 01:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »