Home

New Backbreaker Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on New Backbreaker Gameplay Video within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #81
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: New Backbreaker Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'd imagine that with this being a first year effort the concepts of blocking schemes or assignments are going to be very basic. I really wouldn't expect this game to nail key gameplay facets on their first attempt given their inexperience developing football games. People need to have realistic expectations going in. The key imo is that their foundation is solid and grounded, because it's going to take user feedback and more development time to fully develop the title. For example, I like that the logic for multi-player interaction/recognition - like on the fly double teams - seems to already be there. Only saying this for perspective, but if I'm not mistaken that's something that wasn't even in Madden last year - and that was it's 5th next gen iteration.

It should be expected that people are going to discover Backbreaker has a ton of gameplay and AI issues - their team is small, it seems practically no one has played the game other than [the devs themselves], and they don't have the experience of a Tiburon or even 2K when they were able to make football games. For me the key with this game is what it can potentially be, because it's unrealistic imo to expect a ton from them on their first attempt at making a football game.

If this is the case, then why should I bother purchasing it? Why should I not wait till the 2nd or 3rd release of the game?

With all the things going against it, lack of license, small development team, questionable distributor, multiple delays, etc, they need to hit a home run out of the gates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 10

yea that vid was old. it doesnt look nowhere near as polished as the newer vids and the camera is way closer too. they have since moved it back some in the newer vids and it could prolly be a lil further out for all we know since theyre tuning it.

as far as running...they have already shown vids with good running and not getting stuffed in the last vid ironically titled..."running game" or something like that. guys u need to look at the other vids before u get all worried and such. all of the info is right here in these forums for your viewing pleasures. also youll see the OL/DL is miles ahead of this vids status. this vid didnt showcase the dline using any moves at all, like the newer builds showed.

on that note, this vid did nothing for me at all and was very unpolished looking. im not worried at all cuz all the bad in this vid has been hashed out already in vids with newer builds. only thing im still concerned about like someone else said is how effective the D is gonna be. although im not overly concerned cuz i have seen a few INT's in tough situations. i wanna see more swats tho when defenders are in closer to the wr to make a play. but this could be the difficulty level they have it on too.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #83
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

The facebook page for BB just posted "Well it's Friday evening and I'd call that a wrap on the next video"
yay.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:32 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 9

This vid is old! BB Passing video to be released soon per BB facebook page
Old 05-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
If this is the case, then why should I bother purchasing it? Why should I not wait till the 2nd or 3rd release of the game?

With all the things going against it, lack of license, small development team, questionable distributor, multiple delays, etc, they need to hit a home run out of the gates.
Because if people don't purchase the first game there will be no 2nd or 3rd game.

I completely agree with spank's post. It seems a lot of people have too high of expectations for the game given those things that were listed or expect perfection. People need to understand there will be flaws or problems with the game in the first attempt, my level of exception is simply for the game to be fun and provide a new and interesting experience. People shouldn't expect the be all and end of football games.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

Then, don't buy it. It's the team's first football game. If you're expecting it to be perfection out of the gates, that's your own fault and you will be sorely disappointed. To save yourself the grief of disliking it, save your money or invest it in something else. The team does not need to hit a home run out of the gates, they just need to show us a solid base to build upon for future iterations. The sooner people start accepting this simple concept, the sooner people will appreciate the end product. Nobody will accept the game if it's garbage, but reasonable people are going into this purchase with an open mind and understand that this is hopefully the first step of a successful project for years to come.

If you are expecting everything to run perfectly from the first step, just don't buy it. Seriously, you'll be disappointed. If you don't want to jump on for the ride and beginning stages of the franchise, then just wait until it's polished to your liking. There is nothing wrong with that. Some of us don't mind that there will be flaws because we understand it's something new to the development team, and some of us do mind that there will be flaws and expect more for our $50. No big deal.

I'm bored at work on a Friday.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #87

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

If this video is old then the thread title should probably be changed so people don't get the wrong impression. I just skimmed threw posts so that is what I'm guessing this horrible video is.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #88
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Well the footage is of old builds, it still shows a lot of things that I haven't seen in any other video, it has it's uses in context.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »