Home

Backbreaker Video: Passing Game

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: Passing Game within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #177
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Backbreaker Video: Passing Game

^ Someone said that you can use it during the play as well, but when you do you have no control of any of the players. Maybe you get to switch players during this though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-19-2010, 06:57 PM   #178
Pro

OVR: 6

How will this mechanic work when two receivers are on the same side of the field at different depths?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #179
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
How will this mechanic work when two receivers are on the same side of the field at different depths?
edit- oh read that wrong...different depths huh?.......maybe if you flick over left/right...it will give you that receiver, even though he is directly behind him...... and if you do it again....you'll highlight someone else...

Last edited by Afrikan; 05-19-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #180
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
I brought that up along time ago....and the thing is, first you do not want WRs running routes next to each other like in real life....but say they are crossing each other...you just have to flick over to whatever side the other receiver is on.
It will be interesting to see this in action, because the videos clearly show the WRs being selected more or less, I'd love to see a gameplay clip of the ball thrown to a spot and how the players react to it. Focus should help with this as well to help you pick one of the two WRs in your example.

I have the same concern, which is why I said I was skeptical of not using a glow a few pages back. Hopefully the demo erases that concern next week!
Old 05-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #181
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
It will be interesting to see this in action, because the videos clearly show the WRs being selected more or less, I'd love to see a gameplay clip of the ball thrown to a spot and how the players react to it. Focus should help with this as well to help you pick one of the two WRs in your example.

I have the same concern, which is why I said I was skeptical of not using a glow a few pages back. Hopefully the demo erases that concern next week!
just like Madden and 2K...I don't think this game will let you throw to a spot.....

few games allow that......this game was based on throwing to any spot you wanted though...

and I believe Xbox's football game let you throw it to a spot after choosing what receiver you wanted to...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »