Home

Backbreaker Video: Passing Game

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: Passing Game within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Passing Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
I've never really expected much out of the passing game. Color me surprised. I think the new perspective will add a challenge to video game football passing that most vets of the genre haven't had to overcome in years.

I think it looks like a hell of a lot of fun. When in doubt, I'm gonna just lob a ball up high in traffic over the middle. That mid-air collision was beautiful. I'm not worried about my receivers getting injured.
That still is a good way to throw a ton of interceptions though.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 05-14-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 25

i liked that vid the best out of the few we have had.

Like i have said before...IF the AI is up to snuff and competant...We could have ourselves a nice alternative to what we have had.

Hope Road to BB and their "franchise" mode is meaty and functional.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #27

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
I've never really expected much out of the passing game. Color me surprised. I think the new perspective will add a challenge to video game football passing that most vets of the genre haven't had to overcome in years.

I think it looks like a hell of a lot of fun. When in doubt, I'm gonna just lob a ball up high in traffic over the middle. That mid-air collision was beautiful. I'm not worried about my receivers getting injured.
LoL good one.

I think the passing game will be fun and hopefully just as fun as I think the running game will be but, man I wish I could see a speedy back for once. Can't wait to try to stiff arm someone though, that should be fun.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

i simply love this vid and bcuz i love to pass the ball. things i notice that make me think this passing game will be more enjoyable than madden's passing game is bcuz of the camera angle. gone are the days of amateur football gamers being able to see the whole field and exploit bad computer a.i.

1. i love that they put in lead passing it would have hurt the game IMO
2. i like how yu can look off defenders and move them to get off and easier pass. if yu didnt see check out 00:39 - 00:45
3. i also love that yu can over throw receivers if yu are that skilled. gone are the days of qb's completing 90% of their passing with ease. apex said it first play gamers get ya skills up
4. OMG focus mode is brilliant is replicates being a qb to the T. if yu stare down a receiver yu cant focus on the d-lineman as well so yu have yu to have a sixth sense about what's goin on around yu. also it looks like the defensive A.I. is just as smart if yu look at 01:23 when they begin talking about the focus mode the qb stares down the slot receiver and the MLB follows his eyes

there where also things not pertaining to the passing game i like. the Italian vid yesterday had many ppl not liking the blocking and worried if it was the final build. i think this vid cared that up with double team blocks and blocker moving the defender away.

the only that concerns me a little is that they didnt show any man coverage probably cuz they were more worried about showing off the passing mechanics. i guess i will see it next week in the defensive vid i cant wait
Old 05-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Looks Good. Adds a realistic sense to the passing game, focus, touch, etc. Although the throwing motion is ugly (along with some other animations), with the camera view I'd barely notice. Also i think its backwards, the lob should be up and the bullet/stronger throws should be back/forth, but you could argue either way.
It's because the lob/bomb should take longer to throw. So the make sure you can't just do the same thing as a quick pass.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 9

Looks decent. It would've made a lot more sense to move the LS in the direction you want the ball to go AS you are using the RS to throw your pass.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #31
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Nice video, look forward to trying it in the demo. My biggest concern is selecting WRs being slow/getting used to that functionality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #32

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
It's because the lob/bomb should take longer to throw. So the make sure you can't just do the same thing as a quick pass.
Exactly as It should be. Seen a video of madden a day or two ago when someone made a thread about it and with the flick of the wrist on the run with Matt Ryan, he completes some 80 yard bomb.

Ridiculous.

Hopefully BB has it done right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »