Home

Football Mechanics In Backbreaker

This is a discussion on Football Mechanics In Backbreaker within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Football Mechanics In Backbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
I didnt see any weight shifting on the jukes..not good, too lightfooted for such big player models
The player models only appear to be bigger because the camera is so close in my opinion.

I disagree with the jukes. As far as actuall moves. To me, It is all looking very natural smooth. The physics in the game look like the best I have ever seen in a football game.

My only issue is the mechanics. Throwing motion and running style. The actual throwing and running looks good in my opinion.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:13 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
No it doesn't. Both are bad to me, these animations look stiff.

Funny how every thread i read in here someone has to mention Madden--like BB is the new beginning of football and Madden is the evil end. Is it possible to keep them somewhat separate? It's in every thread...
It's like a woman you used to date (heard this one before?) and can't stand, if you have a chance to move on, are you even going to think about the first? Let it go folks..both Video Games have their better parts and neither does everything right...exhale

Anyway the i think i've seen one/two catch animation(s), the movement (with the ball) looks rigid, and the running looks too upright---also the throwing looks like my sister (if i had one) throwing. But this is a great foundation to build on, that is if they used these 3 years to get the groundwork somewhat solid. Here's to hoping it is...
We gotta play the game to know for sure but the videos have impressed me. My lone issue is how the throwing motion and running style was motion captured. The mechanics look off. I differ on the actual passes, runs, catches,moves, blocks and overall player awareness. The physics in the game look great and it really shows when you watch the vids in slow motion. There are so many little things going on that make backbreaker look great.

You are right that people are Madden obsessed. I am judging Backbreaker on a different level. I think that Madden and BB are two totally different type football games with different gameplay engines and a totally different look and feel. Backbreaker is not going for the Madden broadcast look and I view that as a good thing.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #11
Rookie

Jadre's Arena

OVR: 1

For those looking for sim the starting point is a good physics engine. From there the players have to be 'taught' how to play football the right way. So for me its like the players are freak athletes but they don't have all the skills yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #12
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

Better football mechanics will come with time. NFL2k mechanics evolved over time. So did Maddens. As long as they can sell enough copies to warrant another BB, they improve the mechanics with customers feedback. IMO.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »