Home

Is there a SPEED factor?

This is a discussion on Is there a SPEED factor? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 19
Icon5 Is there a SPEED factor?

After watching all the vids thus far, I'm seeing alot of player's get "Hawked" down. Has anyone seen some type of speed attribute in the vid's?

Also, what about some dropped passes or bad throws?

Just wondering.

Also (part 2), there website is done poorly and game information is outdated. So is there anywhere we can go to get information about how/what attributes player will have and what will decide each player's worth?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Is there a SPEED factor?

There isn't much solid information out yet on player stats. Just bits and pieces here and there.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

1. SPEED is one of four core attributes for the players (it goes, Speed, Strength, Agility, and Focus). Think of the isometric graphs players in NBA 2k have, their athleticism will be epressed through the combination of these four things. Players also have position specific attributes (laser arm, spin ect.) as well as categorized in Gold Bronze Silver.

2. Watching the new passing vid, it talks about missing the reciever if you don't time it well, lead them correctly, or into coverage. The passing game is by far the most in depth passing system in a football video game.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #4
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
After watching all the vids thus far, I'm seeing alot of player's get "Hawked" down. Has anyone seen some type of speed attribute in the vid's?

Also, what about some dropped passes or bad throws?

Just wondering.

Also (part 2), there website is done poorly and game information is outdated. So is there anywhere we can go to get information about how/what attributes player will have and what will decide each player's worth?
Watch this vid at around the 40 second mark. The slot wr goes on a crossing route and absolutely torches his defender. Speed is an attribute.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/9...ry3_32310.html

As for ratings, it appears there are 4 general attributes every player has. These include Speed,Focus,Agility, and Strength. Then they added position specific attributes like arm strength and accuracy for qbs, etc.

I'm not sure what scale is being used. The skills have been displayed in a gold,silver, bronze star format. I've heard this is the system, and I have heard this is a quick reference for players to see and that you can actually go into more detail and see a 1-100 type scale for the ratings as well, so idk.

The only other place I've gotten ratings info is off this vid:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/9...deo_42810.html

If you go the the 1:20 mark, you can see when he is cycling through teams that a team's offense, defense and overall ratings are based on 1-100 point scales.

Edit: The Rating system was put to a vote of the BB forum a long time ago. Here is a link to that thread.: http://forum.backbreakergame.com/sho...ratings+system
(The blend system won)

Last edited by kjcheezhead; 05-15-2010 at 02:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »