Home

No reviews until 6/1

This is a discussion on No reviews until 6/1 within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #81
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: No reviews until 6/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Once you spend at least 20 hours on a forum discussing a game, you are compelled to buy. You've passed the point of no return. You will feel that you've wasted your time if you've been fixated on a game for that long and not buy it.

In conclusion. Everyone who visits forums extensively should buy the game. It would put people's subconscious mind at ease.

I don't spend 50 hours on the Madden and BB forum and not buy the game. That's crazy.
LOL. agreed! This is why I am not on the Madden forums much at all this year. I am never buying again, and I need to stay off the forums. I actually barely post on OS anymore, because I only want THE BEST video games right now. I have time in my life for maybe 2 max, and I would really like one to be a football one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #82
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I never base a game purchase on someone else's opinion. I personally don't understand that unless it's for reasons of monetary savings and using it as an extra layer of precaution.

Some of the best games I've ever played were reviewed poorly, and some of the worst technically unsound games ever made were reviewed highly (see Madden 08). At the end of the day, you are your own best critic when it comes to choosing a video game.
Completely agree. If the demo is at least decent I will be buying the game regardless of what the reviews are even if they are terrible.

I just find it funny people put so much stock into other people's opinions when it comes to reviews espcially from sites like IGN and some of the other ones. Some of those sites are pretty clueless when it comes to judging sports games.

Not to mention like others said I am expecting the game even if it is good to not get very positive reviews for some of the reasons already listed in this thread. I think some of the reviewers are going to have a predetermined bias against the game going in.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 05-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #83
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
What's the point in franchise when there are no injuries though?
Look on the bright side, at least you don't have to worry about depth.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »