Home

You know why I am excited about this game?

This is a discussion on You know why I am excited about this game? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
You know why I am excited about this game?

Its because if there is a sequel, sure there will be things that will need to be added/fixed but it looks like for the first time that the physics and fundamentals of football will not. Everything else will be cosmetic. And that makes me excited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: You know why I am excited about this game?

Keep in mind they only announced the sequel, it doesn't guarantee that there will be one.
That said, I don't think they will pull an APF 2k9 and I believe we will see BB2.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Do any of you really believe euphoria isn't the future of sports games. Do you think PS4 will still be animation based? I think this is the future of gaming. It won't be perfect at first but by the time Madden move away from animations to physics BB will have it down. That's when they will start selling big imo and I think they know it.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
Do any of you really believe euphoria isn't the future of sports games. Do you think PS4 will still be animation based? I think this is the future of gaming. It won't be perfect at first but by the time Madden move away from animations to physics BB will have it down. That's when they will start selling big imo and I think they know it.
Hey I totally agree with you. I think BB has a ton of potential and can't wait to 'never see the same tackle twice.' haha. I'm pumped
Old 05-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

This thread brings up a good point. If Backbreaker turns out to play a solid game of football, we won't have realistic tackling and blocking at the top of our wishlist for 5-10 years. If they get the game itself right first, they can add features and polish on a yearly basis instead of going back to the drawing board every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'm excited just for the fact that there's another football game on the market.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #7
Rookie

Draxion's Arena

OVR: 4

I think there will be a sequel, think of how much money Natural Motion has made off GTA and Red Dead selling there engine. Even if they just make 1 buck per game thats still 20-30 million dollars, thats more then enough to pay for this game and the next, and dont forget about the 1 million they pulled in through there BB App.
Also consider this is the only game studio NM is supporting, I think they want BB to become a franchise and understand that they need to make more then one game if they want there "franchise" to succeed
Old 05-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Remember - they don't have tons of overpaid developers making the game, with tons of money wasted on advertising instead of development, like that OTHER game we all know so well...

The Backbreaker team is doing this from scratch with a smaller developer house who are obviously making much less money then anyone at EA does. They've spent years putting this together - the game doesn't have to be a blockbuster success to fund a sequel - all they need to do is pay off what they already put into the game's development - which shouldn't be as much as people may think.

If they even get small slice of the video game football market, they're in business.

Then next year, they can put in a full fledged franchise mode and add even more goodies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »