Home

Backbreaker Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #41
Chi-Town Hustla

deebo2246's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Backbreaker Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Okay OS family, I have been playing for the past 45mins and I must say Backbreaker is a legit contender for the football title this year.

I have never played a demo that brings you out of your seat as this game does. I know some may say it is the shock value, but this game is the real deal.

I truly enjoy the sense of urgency you have when playing as the QB. When you initiate focus mode you have a clock in your head knowing you have to do something or pay. I was having difficulty with the lob, but practice will make it better. My advice to those who experience jerkiness the movement requires subtle stick movement, and the right stick is your get out of danger control. I like the learning curve of the game because it brings rewards to the player who takes the time to learn the nuances of THIS football game.

For those still on the fence due to licensing I must quote Fishbourne from School Daze "Waaaaaaaaaake UuuuuuuP!" The shield does not make a game the end all, be all and choice matters....

Backbreaker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #42
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I started thinking of the Joker in The Dark Knight saying to Batman:

"You've changed things"

LOL
Old 05-21-2010, 09:26 AM   #43
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Backbreaker Demo Impressions Thread

NOTE: HOLDING LT while on defense will zoom you out so you can take better angles and manage the field-of-play much better.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #44
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Backbreaker Demo Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I agree with your assessment except what's bolded and that being I'm a fan of the camera angle to an extent. Being an avid Gears of War fan I'm fully accustomed to the 3PV used here in BB and I like how intense and in your face is. But on the flip side, I will say that I do miss seeing the action that goes on around the tackle - namely on defense.
I'm also a huge Gears 1 fan (2 sucked, sorry Cliffy B) so I also understand your post. For me the difference is in Gears you do not change characters so the camera stays in one general spot. That is not the case in BB.

As you mentioned, it stinks when you miss the action around the tackle. But I believe the alternative is worse. In BB when you change players on defense the camera is herky jerky and lacks fluidity. It is a little disorienting and can cause you to momentarily run the wrong direction immediately after changing players. I'm sure people will get used to this. But I still would prefer a more fluid camera.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6
what? nobody's looking for jersey patches, hand towels, and where the cornerbacks eyes are at all times? it's funny how with Madden every single detail is nitpicked, but not so here. I just think everybody's so starved for something different that this is bound to be overrated a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 3

I only played two games before I had to leave for work, and I felt compelled to post the following impressions: After realising that I have been mentally trained to expect football games to be viewed a certain way, and played a certain way, I had to quickly get past that old way of thinking.

There is a serious learning curve for those of us that are use to playing defense and offense one way. Whoever coined the phrase "change is good ", definitely had this game in mind. The running game is fun, and plays pretty good. Passing is very challenging, yet very rewarding; which plays more sim than any other game. Defense is difficult so far, but I can tell that once I practice more, it will become second nature like the other football games.

Physics and tackling are incredible!!! After witnessing those two things in this game, I am unsure if I could accept anything less in any other game. It is almost like comparing a black & while tv to a color tv: it is really that distinct, and advanced. Good demo!!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #47
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
I only wish I had the option of moving my head to scan the field while running and throwing the ball opposite of what they gave us. There were times I wanted to turn my head to look one way but the camera wanted me to focus on another area.
That is a good summary of what I dislike about the camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Another issue, the game seems to run on 40 frames per second to me. Not full 60 but more 30-40ish.
Have they ever said what FPS the game runs at?

Last edited by boritter; 05-21-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970
what? nobody's looking for jersey patches, hand towels, and where the cornerbacks eyes are at all times? it's funny how with Madden every single detail is nitpicked, but not so here. I just think everybody's so starved for something different that this is bound to be overrated a bit.
I don't know what complaints you've been reading, but the main complaints I see about Madden are things like tron running, clipping, suctions, etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »