Home

Backbreaker Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #57
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Backbreaker Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

The game is a lot of fun but I really suck at it. Any time I do anything remotely successful I feel like I deserve a cookie.

I've seen a few pretty sweet moments so far.

-Opposing team was punting with a 25 MPH wind in the punters face. The punt made it about 20 yards downfield, hit the ground and bounced high in the air. One of the opposing gunners leapt in the air for the ball as about 8 guys converged on it. I bumped into him and sent him spinning like a helicopter. Someone else caught it and a big pile-up ensued.

-CPU QB passed over the middle. My safety and CB both closed on the ball at the same time in front of the receiver. The safety got there first, caught the ball, bowled over his teammate (the CB) and ran it in for 6.

-I blitzed around the edge as the OLB and tried to dive and sack the QB. I completely whiffed and knocked the isht out of one of my own guys on the other side of him lol.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #58
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Tuesday can't get here fast enough. Thanks for the impressions 360 owners.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #59
Rookie

Titans4lyfe's Arena

Just finish watching a video on youtube showing off the halftime stats, and something I noticed was a stat for assisted tackles. I can't recall what year madden started keeping track of that. I'm a bit suprised of how in-depth the stat tracking is (Was expecting BTL2 type stat tracking). I'm definitely impressed.
NCAAB: Duke Blue Devils
Old 05-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #60
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

I wish that you controlled the same player as the play before. I always want to be the DE but this changes my player each time. I know I can pick the player in the playcall menu but I don't want to do that every down.

Pre-snap is there a way to "aim" the defender you want to switch to or do you have to cycle through all the defenders? In other games you can hold A and point to a defender to switch but I cannot see how to do that in BB.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #61
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970
what? nobody's looking for jersey patches, hand towels, and where the cornerbacks eyes are at all times? it's funny how with Madden every single detail is nitpicked, but not so here. I just think everybody's so starved for something different that this is bound to be overrated a bit.
I think you fail to grasp that the other game has basically been the same product for over 7 years so people are bound to look for little details after a while. BB is a whole new experience. I am sure by BB3, people will be looking for the same little stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #62
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
I wish that you controlled the same player as the play before. I always want to be the DE but this changes my player each time. I know I can pick the player in the playcall menu but I don't want to do that every down.

Pre-snap is there a way to "aim" the defender you want to switch to or do you have to cycle through all the defenders? In other games you can hold A and point to a defender to switch but I cannot see how to do that in BB.
In options you can pick which position you want to start each play as.
Fantasy football fans... Dominate your Draft with the #1 selling fantasy football app, Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet 2017 for iOS & Android.

Get it for iPhone / iPad!

Get it for Android!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #63
Pro

jp7588's Arena

I just threw a pass to my half back across the middle. He wasn't looking when I threw it and it was only like 5 yards away so the ball just hit him in the back. I guess that's good.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:58 AM   #64
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I literally got no time with the game, but here are about 10 minutes worth of impressions (I haven't even learned the controls yet).

Camera is odd to me, but I'm super used to playing the bird's eye style of football. I'll try to get used to it.

Running the ball is FUN. I was running looking for a hole, one opened up, and I slammed through it for a couple of yards. Watched the replay a couple times, it was awesome.

I only got one pass off, it was an interception. My QB was moving to the side and had to do a jump pass, and the ball couldn't quite get there... props on that.

So far, I like the potential.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »