Home

360 Backbreaker Demo Rating, No impressions please!

This is a discussion on 360 Backbreaker Demo Rating, No impressions please! within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: 360 Backbreaker Demo Score
10+ 22 13.33%
8 - 9 101 61.21%
5 - 7 27 16.36%
2 - 4 9 5.45%
0 - 1 6 3.64%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #17
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 360 Backbreaker Demo Rating, No impressions please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The only thing that bothers me at this time, and it's becoming a considerable bother, is the A.I. clock management and game calling management. Plus, I've seen 7 missed XP's in 5 games by the A.I.

I'm waiting for others to chime in with these finding.

I've yet to see a penalty as well.
I have seen some peculiar clock management. Like the CPU gets the ball with 1:30 left, runs up the middle, calls time out, then starts airing it out. Maybe there's like a certain time that, once it hits, the CPU shows that urgency. I hope it's not as simple as that though. I've only seen one missed XP and I've (embarrassingly) been playing this game since around 9 AM CST (It's 4 PM now).

The only penalties I've seen are: roughing the punter (twice), roughing the passer (at least 4 or 5 times), and intentional grounding, which was awesome. I didn't see it when it happened because I was a safety on the other side of the field but the replay showed my DE coming free from a block and bearing down on the CPU QB who jumped backwards and threw a ball to nowhere.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

I actually saw the CPU intercept the balls around the 12 yard line. I dropped them for losses on 3 consecutive plays. Not only did they line up for a field goal rather than go for it when they were down 14-0, but after lining up, they let the clock expire without even attempting the kick.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #19
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

8.5 - 9

Unbelieveable physics, and the most realistic representation of the game of football we've ever seen. As mentioned, there are some areas that need some touching up, so I can't go higher than 9.

I could see the next relase in this series being the greatest football game ever with some fixes and upgrades. If BB were to get a share of the NFL liscence, I think it could definitley take over as the premier NFl football video game.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 2

Demo Overall - 8 / 10

Fun Factor - 9 / 10 (Tackle Alley is addictive as hell...I could only get my high score up to 19,000 today, but it was like Tetris to me....super simple and totally addictive!)

Frustration Factor - 9 / 10 (* disclaimer - I have 20+ years of Madden habits that die HARD...lol...I was running into just about everything, hitting buttons that did not do anything and juking instead of spinning etc. all the time!)
Old 05-22-2010, 01:15 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Young
I actually saw the CPU intercept the balls around the 12 yard line. I dropped them for losses on 3 consecutive plays. Not only did they line up for a field goal rather than go for it when they were down 14-0, but after lining up, they let the clock expire without even attempting the kick.
Maybe the reason they didn't go for it was because it was the still in the first half.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 01:58 AM   #22

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

The demo exceeded my expectations which I give 9.9.

The only thing I don't like about it is the damn 2 minute quarters. They pulled a freakin' madden on us.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:23 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I'm going with about a 7.5 to 8 right now.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:40 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 3

I will give it a 8/10. It will take some getting used to from the cam angles to the feel, because it's like nothing we ever played before.

This game takes on the field realism to the next level just like if you were on the field. Like the people who are complaining about the angles they're pretty much complaining about realism being expressed because there's limited visibility just like there would be for someone down there. They're giving us what we wanted. realism. They just took a 3rd person approach to it. If we wanted to change the camera angles they should just make it more of a Madden style camera. I would be all for being able to look left/right (like move your head left/right) while still keeping the same 3rd person camera angle.

Last edited by Noobstur; 05-22-2010 at 02:43 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »