Home

One thing we can appreciate from Backbreaker....

This is a discussion on One thing we can appreciate from Backbreaker.... within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #25
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: One thing we can appreciate from Backbreaker....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
No game has ever modeled human interactions to this degree. We're not talking about simple rag doll physics here. This game also simulates muscle strength, balance and recovery, body movement controlled by AI, self preservation, and virtually no clipping of body parts.

I've played many games, from first person shooters to RTS to role playing. None of them does anything close to what Backbreaker does regarding natural human movement for living bodies in motion. This is the type of stuff we usually see done in MIT labs running on huge computers. Not on $300 video game consoles.

If that's not groundbreaking then nothing is.
Everything you described is what Euphoria brings to the table, and is also why all of those things are found in The Force Unleashed, Grand Theft Auto 4, and Red Dead Revolver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Everything you described is what Euphoria brings to the table, and is also why all of those things are found in The Force Unleashed, Grand Theft Auto 4, and Red Dead Revolver.
And your missing his point. He never said those games aren't using Euphoria, he said Backbreaker is using the engine to a higher degree than those games. At most in a game like Red Dead Redemption you have an interaction between two to three people or objects taking place at any given time, in Backbreaker you have many more interactions going on at once in every single play.

I honestly have no idea why you guys are arguing that the tackles and player interaction are not groundbreaker in terms of sports games and football games. Certainly has never been done before any sports games.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 05-24-2010, 12:52 AM   #27
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
And your missing his point. He never said those games aren't using Euphoria, he said Backbreaker is using the engine to a higher degree than those games. At most in a game like Red Dead Redemption you have an interaction between two to three people or objects taking place at any given time, in Backbreaker you have many more interactions going on at once in every single play.

I honestly have no idea why you guys are arguing that the tackles and player interaction are not groundbreaker in terms of sports games and football games. Certainly has never been done before any sports games.
Yeah but everyone is making it out to be the best thing since slice bread. Yeah its cool that BB is the first football game to use NM but its just a football game.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 05-24-2010, 01:09 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Yeah but everyone is making it out to be the best thing since slice bread. Yeah its cool that BB is the first football game to use NM but its just a football game.
Ok, and that doesn't make it groundbreaking in those areas how exactly?

Last edited by mgoblue678; 05-24-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:16 AM   #29
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Guys this is just a simple watered down demo.

The final game will be more polished and take us to another level.

June 1st you can all be a Witness!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:22 AM   #30
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Ok, and that doesn't make it groundbreaking in those areas how exactly?
I think you're getting hung up on semantics.

Not to mention I think people are allowed to have their own opinions are they not?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:01 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I think you're getting hung up on semantics.

Not to mention I think people are allowed to have their own opinions are they not?
I am not getting hung up on sematics, what I getting hung up on is people continuing to insist that certain aspects of the game particularly the tackling and player interactions are not groundbreaking.

Of course people can have opinions but, I don't see how that can be disputed.

Really the only ones getting hung up on semantics are the people saying it is not groundbreaking because Euphoria has been used in other games. This is still the first time it has been done in a sports game and is being used to a larger extent than what we have seen in non-sports games as well.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 04:16 AM   #32
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
I am not getting hung up on sematics, what I getting hung up on is people continuing to insist that certain aspects of the game particularly the tackling and player interactions are not groundbreaking.

Of course people can have opinions but, I don't see how that can be disputed.

Really the only ones getting hung up on semantics are the people saying it is not groundbreaking because Euphoria has been used in other games. This is still the first time it has been done in a sports game and is being used to a larger extent than what we have seen in non-sports games as well.
Why are you getting upset because someone doesnt think its "groundbreaking"? Not everyone is going to agree with you. We wouldnt know if its "groundbreaking" for another 5 years or so and see if other sports games use this. I would bet they dont.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »