Home

Ever seen a quarter back throw a man over his head after dragging someone 5 yards?

This is a discussion on Ever seen a quarter back throw a man over his head after dragging someone 5 yards? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Ever seen a quarter back throw a man over his head after dragging someone 5 yards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
I agree......can't wait to see how they improve this engine...

check out this play if some have missed it from the video thread, by canes21

thats why i love this game or demo. ya its not perfect not by a long shot, but it does a great job at delivering a sim experience. everything you see on sunday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Ever seen a quarter back throw a man over his head after dragging someone 5 yards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThackerSS
The player was executing a hurdle due to the downed man that would have been in his path if he had not changed his angle to come at me. I don't like the fact that he got caught up in his animation but I am also very happy that I was able to break his animation and gets him to GTFO my way.
I don't know what your seeing--I don't see anybody in the path of the guy who came in with the flying kick. I don't see him hurdling anything, I see him playing d with a flying kick. There's a dude to the left who is doing a hurdle that might have interfered with the path of the guy you decked, perhaps he was jumping over a downed man.

Anyways, not trying to bash the game just calling it how I see it.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal80s
I don't know how you can claim this as unrealistic when there's the gif showing something incredibly similar happening in real life. This plus the fact you mention the other football game, something expressly frowned upon unless you are being constructive (you're not) sets the trollDAR off for me.
The thing is - it wasn't incredibly similar. In the video, the guy coming in was running full speed towards a pile. In the game, a guy came running full speed at a fully upright QB, no pile, and executes a flying kick. Not really that similar.

I'm not trying to bash or get into a debate was just pointing out that a play like that would be criticized if it happened in Madden. I even pointed out that it was cool--just in an unrealistic blitz football type of way.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #28
MVP

wayne23's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
I agree......can't wait to see how they improve this engine...

check out this play if some have missed it from the video thread, by canes21

Old 05-25-2010, 02:41 AM   #29
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
The thing is - it wasn't incredibly similar. In the video, the guy coming in was running full speed towards a pile. In the game, a guy came running full speed at a fully upright QB, no pile, and executes a flying kick. Not really that similar.

I'm not trying to bash or get into a debate was just pointing out that a play like that would be criticized if it happened in Madden. I even pointed out that it was cool--just in an unrealistic blitz football type of way.
I don't know about you, but the 'flying kick' is the prototypical tackle my coaches teach me. They also teach the spinning backhand fist and the spinning roundhouse kick too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »