Home

Franchise Mode Features (Confirmed)

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode Features (Confirmed) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Franchise Mode Features (Confirmed)

Browsing through the threads on this board, I think we a central location to compile confirmed information about what Backbreaker has and doesn't have from a franchise standpoint. The game releases in 8 days, but I suspect a lot of information has already been confirmed by the devs, and I don't know where to find it.

Here's some questions I have to start:

(1) Is there a rating system beyond the 4-pronged system in the demo (Focus, Speed, Strength, etc.)

(2) Is there a "league" mode beyond simply setting up 16 or 32 teams and playing a single season? Are there drafts, free agent classes?

(3) If there are no injuries, is there any player progression, retirements, etc.? Or is this basically a single season mode?

There may be a comprehensive link to this information, and if somebody could post that here, I would appreciate it.

Thank you very much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Franchise Mode Features (Confirmed)

1. I don't think we know for sure either way on this. The demo has only 4 we can view but who knows if there are more in the final game.

2. The season mode is actually a multi-year mode not one season. No idea why they decided to call it a season mode as it seems to be causing a lot of confusion. Both road to backbreaker and the "season mode" are multiple seasons. No idea how many seasons though. There is a draft as well, we don't really have an specifics about the draft though.

3. Not sure about progression or retirements at this point, but like I said season mode is actually multiple seasons.

Here is the info thread as well with information from various sources

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...fo-thread.html

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 05-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

So far I absolutely love the game. I tried going back to Madden 10, and it felt primitive.

The one thing that is left for me to determine whether or not I buy the game new is the depth of their season modes. I'm a franchise nut in Madden, but we all know that they haven't done franchise right since '05.

If Backbreaker can produce a "franchise" mode that is entertaining and involved, which I would imagine they can, I'll be down for day one!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

DEMO sold me honestly and the fact there is an actual learning curve is great.

High sack and HIGH INTs could be an issue if they remain as they are in the DEMO. But only 2 of the QBs are actually good of the Demo teams, so that could be the reason for the HIGH INTs.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I wonder if the older the players get the more likely their from will be low every game. So a 15 year veteran will have bad from 14 of 16 games while a 3 year player has good form most games.

I don't know how it will work and I don't know why I posted that here, but oh well..

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I believe the Form option will be a lot like FIFA where the team may be unrested and will play under par.

So it appears that during the week there will be things to do to prep your team for it's next matchup.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I am dying to see what franchies mode offers. I will wait until some of you have the game to see if this will be my football game of the year.
http://twitter.com/AndyWestond < Its amazing how boring I am..
Old 05-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Will we be able to create custom teams (aka NFL look-alikes) and share them online somehow?

Like using a link cable or something similar?

Or will we have to individually do all that ourselves?

Because I'm ready for a full Backbreaker conversion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »