Home

Defense truly is.....

This is a discussion on Defense truly is..... within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Defense truly is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs2nine
still needs more camera angle selection....truly.

and more selection would make it have mass appeal and a chance to compete with madden.

It's just my personal dislike for the defensive camera...and it's my opinion...so i'm entitled to it.

You'll see....if Backreaker is to succeed it will have to implement more than one camera angle...there are enough complaints already about the lack of angles.

it's really a given no matter if you are good at using the current camera or not.

varirty is the spice of life and the spice of every sports video game that comes out now.

Love that Backbreaker is different...and I love the offense angle or view....

so people, you are attacking someone who likes the game alot and is happy Madden mat be nervous...

you just are not seeing the big picture.....people want more camera angles.

Peace!
Thats the thing. They have said many times they do not want to compete with Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #26
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
You cannot jump in BB or even catch for that matter. Your either in position and facing the right direction to make a pick at which time it's up to the computer to perform the action. This takes a lot of the control away from the user. In most instances it's just best to just stand there, and let the computer AI do whatever it's going to do. This will then lead to you standing there watching plays that are run on the opposite side of the field. I got bored watching the computer run or pass to the opposite side of the field from where I was defending. Great physics, collisions, tackles but some of the design decisions are just mind boggling.
I would prefer a jump/catch button too. But the rest of your post I disagree with. I guess I am one of the few here that chooses online competition over AI, so I am really not too bothered by those issues.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
You cannot jump in BB or even catch for that matter. Your either in position and facing the right direction to make a pick at which time it's up to the computer to perform the action. This takes a lot of the control away from the user. In most instances it's just best to just stand there, and let the computer AI do whatever it's going to do. This will then lead to you standing there watching plays that are run on the opposite side of the field. I got bored watching the computer run or pass to the opposite side of the field from where I was defending. Great physics, collisions, tackles but some of the design decisions are just mind boggling.
I some what agree...I feel like I'm missing out on half the game when I'm playing defense. Half the time I have no idea where the ball is and when I do find out the play is over. Leaving me to wonder "what just happened?".

It's funny because the BB folks really didn't need to "be something different"...with the way the game plays and feels it's head and shoulders beyond anything EA has created...I understand trying to different but they didn't need to be. If they could have this gameplay with traditional camera angles I think there would be a much greater "wow" factor...as it is the casual gamer who may be used to the traditional camera angles will be left wondering "what just happened" and not only missing out on half of the great animations/gameplay but also turned off by the game. I think it's an opportunity missed as much as it's a leap forward imo.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #28
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Defense truly sucks. I understand wanting to be different, but damn. The way the game plays with the camera angles and switching on D really has me considering not buying the game.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:28 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Thats the thing. They have said many times they do not want to compete with Madden.
It doesn't matter if they want to compete with Madden or not, it's video game football and EA is the only player in town so by default they ARE competing with Madden. What demographic are they going after? The "World of Warcraft" crowd? I appreciate their effort but let's get real.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdude1971
It doesn't matter if they want to compete with Madden or not, it's video game football and EA is the only player in town so by default they ARE competing with Madden. What demographic are they going after? The "World of Warcraft" crowd? I appreciate their effort but let's get real.
Seriously? Does Halo compete wth Gears of War? Does MW2 compete with BF:BC2? Maybe somewhat, but they are their own series. Madden is it's own series, BB will be it's own series. The only competition is what the consumer makes it.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Defense truly sucks. I understand wanting to be different, but damn. The way the game plays with the camera angles and switching on D really has me considering not buying the game.
Use the focus button. When you use that, the defenders focuses on where the ball is at. If you hold it when switching defenders, you will get a better idea of where the ball is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #32
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Im not that good but Ive been involved in plenty of plays playing as the strong side backer in a 3-4. I even made a crazy arm tackle. Once you switch though, you're screwed. I dont because Im lost if I do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »