Home

Message from Rob, The Producer

This is a discussion on Message from Rob, The Producer within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2010, 12:25 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Message from Rob, The Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I completely understand that. You have to realize though that I look at every single video hoping to find something else out of these guys, yet it has absolutely nothing to do with user control. There's a toss or handoff to the RB and by the time you get the ball you are hit and down for the count. No defensive line even has that kind of speed burst to get to you in that kind of time. They need to work on that.

Nevertheless, I'm getting this game day one. Obviously I'm a PS3 user who hasn't been given a grand opportunity to play this game.
Well there's not a lot to worry about on that end when you play it, down field & lead blocking is even better.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:30 AM   #34
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I hear you guys out, I do. I just don't think you understand that I'm merely referring to the times that you are helpless, where you are better off dropping the controller than trying to do something with it because you are already crushed by the time the ball is handed off. I completely believe that and agree with the fact that you can get good runs, permitting you don't get crushed in the backfield when you first get the ball. I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this game, I just hope that Rob and the other NM developers take note that there are still some O-Line issues however.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-27-2010, 01:16 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
I hear you guys out, I do. I just don't think you understand that I'm merely referring to the times that you are helpless, where you are better off dropping the controller than trying to do something with it because you are already crushed by the time the ball is handed off. I completely believe that and agree with the fact that you can get good runs, permitting you don't get crushed in the backfield when you first get the ball. I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this game, I just hope that Rob and the other NM developers take note that there are still some O-Line issues however.
But there isn't an O-Line issue really, at least with user controlled teams, seems different for the CPU though at times. Just play the game first before you go making request of what you think needs to be fixed lol, really.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #36
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I've watched the NFL since I was eight years old, and been football gaming for that long as well. I don't consider myself any sort of guru that knows much about the X's and O's of football, I just know enough to get by.

That being said, without any help from any OS'ers, YouTubers, Backbreaker...ers, or anyone else, I was able to derive (without trying to pay attention of it) that just from trailers alone the running game was suspect. I waited until the demo, and believe me I watch every gameplay video everyone has posted. Too many times do people get stopped at the line without so much of a chance to get through. They get stopped right when it's handed off.

I haven't yet played the game for myself, but I will be on Tuesday and I hope to prove myself wrong here. That's all I'm saying.
Really...so why are you even making opinions on a game you have yet to play...c'mon that makes no sense...check befo spec...
Old 05-27-2010, 01:27 AM   #37
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
Really...so why are you even making opinions on a game you have yet to play...c'mon that makes no sense...check befo spec...
Because us PS3 gamers don't have a demo. Don't hesitate for one second to think that my gripes with this game come from the fact that I can't play it. I'm sure this will all be water under the bridge once I have my copy in hand.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-27-2010, 02:04 AM   #38
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Because us PS3 gamers don't have a demo. Don't hesitate for one second to think that my gripes with this game come from the fact that I can't play it. I'm sure this will all be water under the bridge once I have my copy in hand.
You shouldn't have to apologize for making an obvious observation based on video footage of gameplay. Everyone knows exactly what u r talking bout. Anybody with two eyes can see the instances where the o-line has gotten beat to the point where 2 or 3 guys (not just 1) are in the backfield meeting the RB as soon as he touches the ball.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 05-27-2010, 02:15 AM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
You shouldn't have to apologize for making an obvious observation based on video footage of gameplay. Everyone knows exactly what u r talking bout. Anybody with two eyes can see the instances where the o-line has gotten beat to the point where 2 or 3 guys (not just 1) are in the backfield meeting the RB as soon as he touches the ball.

Sorry, I don't have this problem when playing the demo. I don't know what you've seen from not playing it but you don't see people complaining about blocking that have played the game because it's actually one of the better attributes of the game, yet your saying someone that hasn't played it has a valid point somehow...? That makes no sense. I thought blocking was gonna be suspect too before playing cuz the videos were a little um scary, but someone who hasn't even played it amongst many that have doesn't exactly have much say in what devs need to "fix" without playing first. Seriously, that makes sense right?
Old 05-27-2010, 02:28 AM   #40
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
Sorry, I don't have this problem when playing the demo. I don't know what you've seen from not playing it but you don't see people complaining about blocking that have played the game because it's actually one of the better attributes of the game, yet your saying someone that hasn't played it has a valid point somehow...? That makes no sense. I thought blocking was gonna be suspect too before playing cuz the videos were a little um scary, but someone who hasn't even played it amongst many that have doesn't exactly have much say in what devs need to "fix" without playing first. Seriously, that makes sense right?
What I don't get is that you're saying that I'm watching videos of someone else playing, and because I see them get -5, -3, and -5 yards on three straight sweeps that I don't have any valid say in the outside running game appearing suspect based on the blocks alone? What about that guy that played the game that uploaded the video? Does he have a say? Because apparently he ran into three straight defenders pretty much without a chance at a fight because the defenders jump on him as soon as he has the ball.

Makes no sense. I'm watching videos of other people play, and they are playing it. It's like me witnessing a murder. Just because I didn't do it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

And I'm actually hoping for the retail version to be a newer version than this demo anyway, which would totally be great because they could have worked on this kind of stuff if so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »