Home

Message from Rob, The Producer

This is a discussion on Message from Rob, The Producer within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Message from Rob, The Producer

Quote:
For the first time in many months, the Backbreaker team had a relaxing weekend off. We pushed to get the demo released as early as we could and coming back into the studio this morning, checking all your feedback, the comments, watching all the videos on YouTube… well, we're delighted with the response. It's so cool to see so many people just getting what we were trying to achieve with this game. You've been having a blast, seeing incredible, unique moments and telling us and your friends about them. That's just what we hoped and we're so glad that you've spent the weekend having so much FUN! Backbreaker is… all… about… fun!

We are checking out all your feedback, listening to what you're saying and we're taking it on board. Thanks for your enthusiasm and your honesty.

Your comments and reaction to the game prove that we were right to try something daring and different. We never wanted to take the safe route, or down a path that's been trodden before. Those paths tend to lead to dead-ends and we always wanted to blaze our own trail and create a revolution.

Now it's time for you to spread the word. If you like what you see, tell your friends, get them to join our Facebook group, our forums, post YouTube vids and shout about them on Twitter. You're a great community so go tell the world!

But now back to work then.

June 1. It's just round the corner.
---------------
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 01:05 AM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Message from Rob, The Producer

Ah, good. Hopefully they realize their O-Line is terrible. To be honest, I'm surprised that's something they never picked up on with three years working on this game.

But above all, I'm glad that they're glad. I'm really interested in seeing how this game sells up until August.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 05-26-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:09 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Ah, good. Hopefully they realize their O-Line is terrible. To be honest, I'm surprised that's something they never picked up on with three years working on this game.
I don't have much of a problem with the O-Line at all when I'm on offense, but the CPU on offense seems to have issues for some reason.

But I truly get the feeling these guys are doing all they can to make the fans happy & will hear out any true concerns. I really like that.

Last edited by Jimixiii; 05-26-2010 at 01:14 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:11 AM   #4
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

But above all, I'm glad that they're glad. I'm really interested in seeing how this game sells up until August.
Que? Tus loco, senior.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:15 AM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

For guys confused about my comment on the poor O-Line play, look at the constant runs that are going for negative yardage, plus the number of sacks on the other side of the ball (you can partly blame poor CPU awareness though too).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 01:22 AM   #6
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Maybe it's because it's the demo, maybe it's done by design. If they can't deliver an NFL experience, maybe they went a different route.

Maybe in the BB leagues high sacks/int's are common?

I don't get many runs for negative yards, but tend to throw at least one INT a demo match. But most runs should be for only 1-3 yards, a back that averages 4.6+ YPC is having a pretty good year.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I used Oakland and had a series where I ran for +8 then +11 then +3 for a FB dive TD. So I don't think the Oline is an issue in the running game. It's more about the skill of the back and the user.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
Supporter

OVR: 22

I believe the contrary; I think the blocking by the o-line is very good for the most part. The thing about this game in regards to the o-line is they (the developers) aren't trying to mask, or give off an illusion that great blocking is taking place by vacuuming defenders riddling them stuck and unable to get off a block. I haven't noticed any warping when it comes to line play, and the thing about the A.I's blocking in Backbreaker is the o-line is always trying to protect the user (rather you're at RB or QB) from the most imminent danger in the vicinity, which means a play may have not been designed for your tackle to pull, but the tackle may do so instinctively. The o-line is always active, and actively looking for a defender to block, so people will not see them pirouetting in confusion because a defender isn't in front of them, or in their "zone". In regards to the o-line protecting for the run, again, I don't have many qualms. Have I had my play completely blown up in the back field for a negative loss while running the ball? Sure, but I believe it has more to do with my pre-snap reads, and me not making the adjustments accordingly (an audible).

Now as the user on defense, I do sometime get penetration rather easily, but I've been blocked far more often than I've gotten penetration and had an impact on a play. I can see where this area of A.I could be a problem however especially if the A.I isn't good at making adjustments on the fly, but it's one of those things where you pick your poison. Get constantly sucked into blocks, and run into impenetrable force fields, or be able to run passed defenders sometime with no restraint, or resistance. We won't know until the retail version of the game rather the A.I competent enough to adjust to something like blitzing over a span of 4 qts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »