Home

Do you think this makes sense ?

This is a discussion on Do you think this makes sense ? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Do you think this makes sense ?

I see alot of post being made in reference towards the O-line play , and the CPU's play.

We already spoke on the camera issue, but shouldn't we wait for the actual game to drop?

This way we can see if the teams ranked in the 80's and 90's perform as inconsistant as the teams in the demo?

Now if the better teams perform just as bad then yes there should be some concern, but
the teams in the demo are ranked so low, and should perform inconsistant.

This is my thought on the situation and why I was not concerned.

I might be right or worng, but what are your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Do you think this makes sense ?

That "form" option is the biggest key to everyones complaints. These teams dont seem to be playing up to their best level and form has something to do with it (look for that thread). No you are wrong in the fact the teams in the demo are rated low. Two teams are low the other four are supposed to be top tier teams.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
That "form" option is the biggest key to everyones complaints. These teams dont seem to be playing up to their best level and form has something to do with it (look for that thread). No you are wrong in the fact the teams in the demo are rated low. Two teams are low the other four are supposed to be top tier teams.
How wrong can I be when the ranking system goes to 99, but no team on the demo is over 70, so how can I be wrong?

I guess we will find out for sure when the game releases. We can take a teams ranked in the 90's and play against them with a team ranked in the 70's and see what the resutls look like.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

I wouldn't expect the retail game to play significantly different than the demo--it's pretty rare that is the case.

I'm reserving judgment at least until I can play a full game
Old 05-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
How wrong can I be when the ranking system goes to 99, but no team on the demo is over 70, so how can I be wrong?

I guess we will find out for sure when the game releases. We can take a teams ranked in the 90's and play against them with a team ranked in the 70's and see what the resutls look like.
Who said there are 90 rated teams? Im not going to look for the link but ill explain it the best I can from what I remember. The road to BB has three tiers. They took 2 second(maybe first) tier teams and took four upper tier teams. I remember them pushing the fact that these are some of the best teams. I wont have the details perfect but these are supposed to be the harder teams. Of course there is always room for human error/confusion but thats what I remember reading.

Edit: I even looked for a ink and cant find it and dont really care. Maybe they are the top of their tier. I dont know.

Last edited by sb24; 05-26-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

yes 4team are in the top teir but its still 28 more teams and most are rated higher..i think the short qtrs kill it..
Old 05-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #7
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
yes 4team are in the top teir but its still 28 more teams and most are rated higher..i think the short qtrs kill it..
I still haven't been able to play the demo, but I think this has to be considered. Whenever you get to the 2nd and 4th quarter, the cpu may be playing 2 minute drill. Hard to say how the overall AI will be in the full game because of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »