Home

PS3 owners: buy right away or wait for the demo?

This is a discussion on PS3 owners: buy right away or wait for the demo? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: PS3 owners: buy right away or wait for demo
Buy right away 27 45.00%
Wait for the demo 26 43.33%
Rent it first 6 10.00%
Don't try it or buy it 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #17
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: PS3 owners: buy right away or wait for the demo?

Gamefly or blockbuster < There you go, but go ahead and buy ps3 owners 505 needs no they deserve the support.

Last edited by myownsun; 05-27-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
Haha touche. NES was my first system, and back then I was too young to know what would have been a good game. I you made a judgement from the front cover though, you had no idea how it would be since they didn't show screen shots of the actual game.
hell yea...NES was my first system i really got into. so many games i got as a kid just based off the commercial or thinking the box looked cool or seeing a single screenshot in gamepro or whatever mags were out. if u were lucky, u got to play it first at a friends house. most times it was a leap of faith.

but in this technological era...no way u should really have to make those leap of faith purchases. my honest opinion for backbreaker, since its such a radical change to football would be to def wait for the demo. its not everyones cup of tea. in my experience with bbreaker, i was a lil worried due to limited info and secrecy of the game so close to launch. however, this demo took alot of that worry away easily. ive had nights where ive just played this demo only!! i literally have to force myself to not boot it up and play red dead redemption instead

for $50, this game is a steal and was a good move on natural motions part. i will def get my moneys worth. hell im already 20+ hrs into the demo and want more ASAP!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #19
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

To be honest This was a day one buy for me but now I'm a little bitter over not getting the demo before the release and almost 2 weeks after 360 users which I know isn't BB's fault but I'm going to sit it out.

My biggest thing is the support this team provides for the game, there have already been some really good critiques across the board on some tweaks for this game that they could provide for a patch so I'm really interested to see the support this game gets as far as its first patch and how much the dev's are willing to support the game afters its launch especially after its been noted there already working on BB2.....I also need to experience first hand this whole cam debacle
Old 05-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #20
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I've already got the game bought and paid for from Amazon. I'm with a lot of guys who just want to support a new football game and with the solid impressions I've read I think these guys can turn this into a great franchise.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I pre-ordered it this week. The reason the demo isn't out is because of Sony not NM. So, there is no grand conspiracy going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
There is a risk though. There has been some games that played much much better on the 360, and did not port well with the PS3.
Who said the PS3 version is a port?
Old 05-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #23
Rookie

MrMayface's Arena

OVR: 4

I was planning on getting the PS3 version on the release date at first. Now I have the feeling they wont have custom music soundtracks on the game. So now I'm leaning toward getting the 360 version. It doesnt matter to me about the custom soundtracks, but being that this game doesnt have tv announcers so it may make a difference.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 7

By the way, I made a post about concerns with the PS3 being a port (because of the late demo) and a developer closed it and said it is NOT a port.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »