Home

Review score of BB for PS3

This is a discussion on Review score of BB for PS3 within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #49
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Review score of BB for PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
I knew this type of post was going to make it in this thread.
Waah. you think I'm wrong? Seriously. It is just how it will be. This is why reviews can be silly at times, especially for sports games.

Look half you guys don't like the game and yet you still post here every day. I TRULY do not understand that logic at all.

It's a really fun game for me so far. I can not wait to play the full version, make a team and take it online. If all of that works well then I am happy. I don't play offline leagues. I probably will just for practice and to build my team for online, but thats about it. So for me, this is a great start for the game.

We could still be pleasnatly surprised with an AI that gets tougher the deeper the season goes. Who knows? Not a huge deal either way for me. I loved APF and barely ever played offline.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #50
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Waah. you think I'm wrong? Seriously. It is just how it will be. This is why reviews can be silly at times, especially for sports games.

Look half you guys don't like the game and yet you still post here every day. I TRULY do not understand that logic at all.

It's a really fun game for me so far. I can not wait to play the full version, make a team and take it online. If all of that works well then I am happy. I don't play offline leagues. I probably will just for practice and to build my team for online, but thats about it. So for me, this is a great start for the game.
Is that directed towards me? If so, what does that matter here? I'm actually buying this game. Well let me re-phrase that I'm renting it then going to make my final decision. I was just saying that in every thread in this forum Madden is brought up. I knew it was going to be brought up here. If BB gets a low score, it is not BB's fault it is either an uneducated writer or it is because of politics.

While those things can happen it is not in every review. iIf BB gets good reviews these things wouldn't be brought up and the source of the review would then be credible. Not talking about you meth (lol) just in general.

Last edited by Buckeyes_Doc; 05-28-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #51
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

The only reviews i trust are EGM's reviews. The reviewers were fans of the genre they were reviewing(and in the case of fighting games...whoop your ***). I haven't checked since the return of the mag in digital form a month ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 3

Wow this is most likely the most pointless thread on this site. Since non of us can actual read the damn article is there even a point in having a thread devoted to this?

Mods you should lock this as there is no discussion being had here.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 32

One score.........that is below avg. Some here want to make this game like the 2nd coming and others want to bury the game. June 1st is right around the corner.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I'll tell you one review that will be positive for Backbreaker... Joystiq. Why? Because EA forced them to redo the review for Madden 10 when Joystiq didn't like the game. Here's a look at the preview they did for BB after that.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/05/ba...-game-preview/

It's all politics all the time on these sites and people's like/dislike of madden will work their way into the scores of Backbreaker.
Anyone who doesn't realize the corruption in gaming/movie/music reviews needs to open their eyes. The media they are reviewing is produced by the same companies that are 'basically' paying their paychecks.

Last edited by fldash; 05-28-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #55
Rookie

Favre4435's Arena

OVR: 4

So we have people here saying that the only way this game will receive low reviews is because of one or more of the following?

A. Madden
B. Politics
C. Un-educated reviewers

I'm sorry, but this is just sad. Maybe the game is a good foundation without a lot of bells and whistles and might actually have poor AI? Then what? Should it still get 80-100 because it has an amazing animation system and some really nice looking graphics? I don't think so. How about this, how about we actually wait until the game comes out and we play the final version before declaring it the best football game in the history of football games and stop getting personally offended by low review scores.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #56
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
One score.........that is below avg. Some here want to make this game like the 2nd coming and others want to bury the game. June 1st is right around the corner.
You forgot one.
The ones like me that thinks it just may be an average game. Nothing more..nothing less.
I'm buying nonetheless to support the team...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »