Home

Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre)

This is a discussion on Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #49
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre)

So was this first attempt supposed to be the best football game ever made? I didnt expect it to be. It has flaws that for sure, but as people always say when we talk about madden "What game doesnt have flaws?".

So anyway it does alot of things better than any other football game to date. Im having fun with it and hope they can get a few more chances to make a better football game. For this to be their first attempt I think they have done a hell of a job.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #50
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun
Methlab
Do you see me writing a serious critique blog under this moniker? No, I post on a message board. Bad attempt, try again.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Who cares what that guy thinks? I never understood why a guy with the name PastaPadre gets so much credence.
Uhh, RaginCajun has a point about names, Methlab. Don't throw stones, but what does his screen name has to do with anything? Don't be childish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it's not a review, only first day impressions.
Repeat that, please.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #53

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
You told who so?
Lots of people, I saw it several times...
Old 05-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #54
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Uhh, RaginCajun has a point about names, Methlab. Don't throw stones, but what does his screen name has to do with anything? Don't be childish.
I'm not. I am simply wondering who this guy is that everyone takes his opinion so strongly. I am reading where people say they may not buy the game after his review. That's childish.

If I was a pro game critic, I would use my real name and not a message board handle I came up with in 15 seconds back in 03.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:56 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
You told who so?

To me, it crushes the ice skating, suction blocking alternative. You never loose in the other game either. Be honest, on any sliders that make the game play well, you would never loose a game. MY record is 305-02. Those 2 games (and many wins) were set to the highest level of difficulty, and the game is broken then. So play with bad AI with good graphics and physics with INT's.....or play with bad AI with bad grapics, and physics with less int's? Hows this any different?
The other games represent football more accurately. No debate there. I should've known this game couldn't hold a candle to established products on it's first try. Yeah, there's some cool innovation, but that doesn't make up for several fairly extreme deficiencies.

I'm not getting into a flame war. I'll just say that what really stings me the most is the inability to share rosters and re-create the NFL. Well... it also stings me that BB's mo-capped animations are pretty terrible. Anything non-euphoria in this game is nothing to brag about unfortunately.

Again, I hope that online is really deep and fun because I do see potential for a lot of good times in that area of the game.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 11:58 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I'm not. I am simply wondering who this guy is that everyone takes his opinion so strongly. I am reading where people say they may not buy the game after his review. That's childish.

If I was a pro game critic, I would use my real name and not a message board handle I came up with in 15 seconds back in 03.
Well, that's his choice. Not unheard of....As for people wanting to not buy this after his review, eh, it is what it is. People are impulsive like that. I just know that this stickied my mental BB marker board which has, in recent weeks, been loaded with reasons not to buy this game, already but the board is still gathering Post Its til after I test drive it. I don't blame people who already have doubts about this game to be further put off by it after these impressions but I personally wouldn't go so far as to say I definitely won't buy it just based on one man's view.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »